Main Menu

YAMPA BOB

Started by CG04, August 05, 2009, 11:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CG04

Anyone heard from Yampa Bob lately ???

Clif

BestSnowman

I was wondering the same thing, hopefully just took a summer break.
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

jettrainfan

To add, anyone here from rusty rails?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

pdlethbridge

Bob has been having severe difficulties seeing. He stops by to read a comment or 2 but is very limited by the eyesight. We miss him. :'(

jonathan

Agreed, both have been great contributors and teachers.  I truly hope they will be back soon.  Summertime does cause a slowdown in forums in general.  Many people enjoy outside activities or other hobbies.  My fingers are crossed that this is what's happened.

J

mf5117

I as well , was wondering about Yampa Bob and Rusty . Love reading their post . Hope your ok God speed . Have a great Summer

Regards: mark f

Santa Fe buff

I hope he does come back, I pray that his eyesight can improve.

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

Jim Banner

I too hope Yampa Bob's sight improves and that he makes it back on the forum.  Bob and I have not always agreed, but I miss his lively discussions and down home humor.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

CNE Runner

Jim, I have to echo your thoughts. I only wish I had half the ability and skill that Bob possesses. I can only try to imagine what vision loss means to a talented person such as he. I, too, have had my 'rough spots' with Bob; but I cannot say enough about my deepest respect for him...as a fellow modeler and person. This forum just isn't the same without his guiding hand.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

pdlethbridge

Bob's sight is not going to get better unfortunately. He does have a wealth of info to share from his many years of experience.

jonathan

Yampa Bob,

If you get a chance to read the board, my prayers are with you.  I can't thank you enough for the wealth of knowledge you have shared with me.   

I know have made model railroading more enjoyable for many others as well.

Hope to hear from you one of these days.

Very sincerely,

Jonathan

jsmvmd

Dear Friends,

Could someone call Bob and tell him to contact the local assoc for the blind.  I have a blind client who conducts internet business with voice software applicable to blind individuals.  I am sure with a little practice he could come back as a fine contributor.  It is amazing what the blind can do on a computer with voice-over software, etc.

Best Wishes,

Jack

CG04

Hunt is another contributer we have been missing. 

OkieRick

Howdy Rail Roaders,

Bob left the forum at a time when answering a question for someone wasn't enough.  People had to follow up an answer with a definitive paragraph or page about why the answer to a question was correct or had to rearrange what someone said and regurgitate the same answer so it would read the same but in a more complex way.

It was a time of almost (if not actual) power struggle of egos here.  Bob got a gullet full and backed away.  He had to prove nothing to anyone nor ever saw a reason to.  You van bet if Bob gave you a bit of advise or an answer to a question it was correct.  If not, he was the first one to admit his mistake, although I can't remember any occasion where he had to do this.

I don't know how much hay Bob was going to bale this year or if he was able.  I'd imagine he's done with the first cutting and irrigating getting ready for any any additional cutting he may get.  There is a solice in driving a tractor through a field of fresh hay whether you're cutting, raking or baling.  The kind that only you know if you've done it yourself...or like driving your trains & all is clicking great.  I hope he and his dear wife were able to enjoy it this year.  And there are his cattle.  But I'm beginning to ramble.

I miss the olde farte and PD pokin' each other in the ribs, it always put a smile on my face.  I hope he's able to come back to line him out again and share some of that knowledge in the way he always did.

My layout has had very little attention this summer.  My helping hand has  been busy with his his own summer activities.  A few hills and valleys have taken shape and the wiring is sketched, ready to be strung for track when the time comes.  Two model buckboards, seven horses and a carriage have been put together and painted.  The steamers fireboxes and water tanks are empty.  Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

OkieRick                       

Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

Jim Banner

OkieRick,

Unfortunately, Bob, like the rest of us, was not always correct.  And sometimes, he did not deal well with corrections.  Even more unfortunate was that he kept his email address hidden so that many of the discussions that should have been conducted in private by email ended up in the forum.

I too miss his humor, words of wisdom, experience and mostly excellent advice.

Jim 
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.