STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 03:33:59 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Chuggington: Competition with Thomas?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Chuggington: Competition with Thomas?  (Read 15212 times)
SodorAdventures

Coming Soon:Dover Valley is getting a facelift!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 09:20:32 PM »

I personally dont ever want to watch playhouse disney again for their "amateur" Wink  show mostly based on Thomas and Friends, it gives me shivers to think about how playhouse Disney could knock HIT entertainment off the charts in one move!

Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com
DealAjani

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 11:18:15 PM »

Dear me....

The loco that I poseted before is a European design used in China during that occupation. It simply looks like an A4. The loco that is in Chuggington is based off of Mallard, just with a few modifications; ie; installing a bunker. It is not just some random design.

Try not to be so narrow minded.
PasqualeCS96

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 04:15:08 PM »

I discovered another Copy! Tongue The Ice cream trucks are in both shows to but the show that shall not be named took that to a new level, also the blue diesal is like the Class 40 one as seen in "Bowled Out". The Zoo cars, Zoo train, and Ice cream train is wierd too.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 04:17:07 PM by PasqualeCS96 » Logged
DrNickRiviera995

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2010, 04:09:09 PM »

I've seen it a few times here.  Not as good as Thomas, not even close.  Just as someone else said, it just looks cheesy and cheap.  Especialy the rails or whatever they use, sorta reminds me of a subway maybee.

I really prefer the actual model train sets from the older Thomas episodes, just think it's much cooler to see real model trains running in a real set than all the CGI stuff.
PasqualeCS96

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2010, 08:34:34 AM »

I've seen it a few times here.  Not as good as Thomas, not even close.  Just as someone else said, it just looks cheesy and cheap.  Especialy the rails or whatever they use, sorta reminds me of a subway maybee.

I really prefer the actual model train sets from the older Thomas episodes, just think it's much cooler to see real model trains running in a real set than all the CGI stuff.
Same Here. Guess What Eveyone! The Chuggington Take-Alons have been released and there are wierd and ugly.
and another point (well 3) is that some of the engines are made up and others are based off of real engines, w/ some major adjustments like: there is an A4 (such a copy off of spencer) WITH OUT A TENDER!!!! where does the coal and water go? another point is that they don't even travel on real railway tracks, they travel on ( what look like to me ) weird iron girders. and my last point is why is it called chuggington when most of the abominations are diesels?
The Tracks remind me of TOMY tracks. And Also, the coal hoppers that Have a US design have Buffers! Also that is the only thing you see these dispicable Diesels pull, no passengers what so ever! Gordon would not like that and what about the children?!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 06:39:30 PM by PasqualeCS96 » Logged
Hoss

US certified Ham Radio Operator KC9UWZ

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2010, 10:34:21 PM »

Anyone else noticing a trend of low-quality, no sense, children's programming?
Anyone remember Theodore Tugboat, TUGS, obviously the original Thomas the tank engine?

Anthony P2

this Doctor doesn't shut railways down

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2010, 10:48:47 PM »

i used to love Theodore. he did come on recently on a channel called "qubo" but it was like 12 EST at night  and 3 EST, but unfortunately they took him off the air for good. and ya you do have a point. everything has to be "educational" and other stuff.
but back when TUGS and Thomas (the original series that were based on the books) made it look like you didn't even learn a lesson because you were so interested in things like explosions and fires (in TUGS), trains crashing.
now that i think of it, did you notice nothing has been "saved from scrap" since season 5 (old slow coach).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 10:55:34 PM by Anthony P2 » Logged
Hoss

US certified Ham Radio Operator KC9UWZ

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2010, 11:16:58 PM »

i used to love Theodore. he did come on recently on a channel called "qubo" but it was like 12 EST at night  and 3 EST, but unfortunately they took him off the air for good. and ya you do have a point. everything has to be "educational" and other stuff.
but back when TUGS and Thomas (the original series that were based on the books) made it look like you didn't even learn a lesson because you were so interested in things like explosions and fires (in TUGS), trains crashing.
now that i think of it, did you notice nothing has been "saved from scrap" since season 5 (old slow coach).
Yeah, I noticed that too.

Everything has to be all Politically corrected up Political Correctors have gone too far. First the Rev.'s original writtings, then Britt Alcroft's version of the show being "Sexist" And now everything is all tofu farting fairies and tree huggers. I'm surprised HiT hasn't made a show about Thomas "saving the trees." Now that I said that, they probably will.

Sorry about my little rant.

trainguy111

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2010, 08:29:47 PM »

Ah, here is the other one. I like chuggington. One of my favorite characters is Zephie. I hope bachmann makes chuggington models, especially in Gauge 3.
StanierJack
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2010, 02:05:30 AM »

Gauge 3.

I lol'd. Why would they do them in such an obscure scale?
trainguy111

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2010, 06:48:01 AM »

Gauge 3.

To meet my narrow gauge engines, of course! I only collect g scale 45mm eninges between the scales of 1:20.3 and 1:24. And gauge 3 is not as obscure as you think. Check out this link: http://www.gauge3.org.uk/ and you'll see what i mean.
StanierJack
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2010, 05:02:12 PM »

Gauge 3.

To meet my narrow gauge engines, of course! I only collect g scale 45mm eninges between the scales of 1:20.3 and 1:24. And gauge 3 is not as obscure as you think. Check out this link: http://www.gauge3.org.uk/ and you'll see what i mean.

I know what Gauge 3 is, but it's got no chance. Seriously.
trainguy111

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2010, 06:11:22 PM »

Gauge 3.

I know what Gauge 3 is, but it's got no chance. Seriously.

Stop talking cruel!!! You're ruining my dreams!
thomasj219

Thomas Will Be Coming Down Our Track Forever!!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2010, 06:35:06 PM »

He's not talking cruel hes talking honesty. If BACHMANN somehow did make CHUGGINGHTON, which in itself is very unlikley they would DEFINITELY be HO why?...... SO KIDS CAN MIX THEM WITH THOMAS.

It just makes sense, sorry if I crushed your dreams.  Roll Eyes

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Daisy, Harvey.
Sparks

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2010, 06:43:34 PM »

He's not talking cruel hes talking honesty. If BACHMANN somehow did make CHUGGINGHTON, which in itself is very unlikley they would DEFINITELY be HO why?...... SO KIDS CAN MIX THEM WITH THOMAS.

It just makes sense, sorry if I crushed your dreams.  Roll Eyes
This is true. Bachmann did Underground Ernie in HO/OO right? Tongue
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: