News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

B&O Annie

Started by Rob_TPA, November 08, 2009, 10:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob_TPA

Did Bachmann make 4-6-0 Anniversary Edition Big Hauler with B&O markings? Also what year was the Annie version introduced?
Thanks, Rob_Tpa

Jon D. Miller

Loco Bill is the authority on Bachmann Big Haulers. He's "out of pocket" for a few days.  I'll answer till Bill gets back on line and to this site. Anything I might say that is incorrect, Bill will set it straight.

Checking Bachmann catalogs from 2000 to the present there is no B&O Anniversary 10-Wheeler listed. Bachmann did offer a Royal Blue set for a few years during this period.  The set contained the "standard" Big Hauler.

Anniversary Big Haulers were cataloged in 2000 to mark the 10th Anniversary of the Big Hauler line.

The Anniversary 10-Wheelers did not make it into distribution till 2001. Bachmann missed the anniversary date.

http://www.grblogs.com/index.php/2007/11/08/bachmann-10-wheelers?blog=4

You might find this link of some use.  It explains the differences between the standard Big Hauler and the Anniversary editions.

One of the "Enthusiastic Children"

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

Loco Bill

JD is correct Bachamnn never made a B&O Anniversary 4-6-0. 

Here is some additional info.  The B&O Big Hauler 4-6-0 was sold as part of the Royal Blue Set 90016, and also sold seperately in individual boxes as Item 91243.
The seperately sold 91243 4-6-0 was in the catalog from 1989 to 1993 and was equipped with the poor running version 2 chassis.

The sets are a different story.  This is probably the most popular and widely sold set Bachamnn ever made, except for the Ringmaster set.  It was in the catalog from 1989 to 1998 and again in 2001 and 2002.  What this means is that the set loco was made with all versions of Chassis from ver 3 to ver 5.

So it is possible to get the B&O 4-6-0 with the latest and greatest version 5 chassis, which is the same as the one in the Annie.  You will need to shop carefully to be sure you get  the latest chassis tho.

Some B&O foamers I know have put the B&O body on the Annie chassis with the metal valve gear and removed the detail parts from the Annie and installed them on the Big Hauler body.   When doing this parts of the chassis would have to be painted to The B&O blue.

Have fun with your B&O loco!
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

Rob_TPA

JD and Loco Bill,
Thank you both very much. You gave me all the information that I needed.
Rob