STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 16, 2018, 11:09:07 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  On30
| | |-+  2-6-0 extra part
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2-6-0 extra part  (Read 1361 times)
69chevelle

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2010, 10:12:00 AM »

My 2-6-0 came with an extra part in a plastic bag. It looks like piping or a railing but I can't figure out where it goes. It's not shown on the parts drawing.
Tomcat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 05:17:20 PM »

Hi there,
this is the brake gear: If you turn your engine upside down, check for the little eyelets where you can plug this in; they´re close to the brake shoes. Test before as there is only one way the brake gear will fit.

Just let me know if you need any further info.

Enjoy your new engine, I´ve just digitalized my On30 C&S No.21 following Harold Minkwitz´s brilliant instructions - this was my 4rd time to put DCC plus sound into a 2-6-0 and if you stick with the instructions at: www.pacificcoastairliner.com, you can´t fail!

Thanks to Harold for this outstanding work!!!!

Cheers, Tom Wink Wink Wink
69chevelle

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 10:07:31 AM »

Thanks Tom. Now I see where it goes. Don't know why it couldn't be shown on the parts diagram.
I installed a decoder in mine but it's the old Atlas (Lenz) system that I had gotten for free so there's no sound. I also have the Shay with the Tsunami board and it runs and sound great.
Gary
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: