STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 04:20:48 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Here is my solution to my post on incline track support
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Here is my solution to my post on incline track support  (Read 1890 times)
rookie

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2010, 12:36:05 AM »

Thanks for the responses on my question. Here is my solution. I used some 3/16 thick masonite. I used it to cut out a form to make my inclines. Since i only needed to go up to 1-1/4 inches i cut the pieces on a taper from 1-1/4 down to 0. This put me on a slope of slightly more than 2 %. I taper cut the sides on the bandsaw, set them up along the path of the track 2 inches apart with supports screwed down on the outsides of the "rails". This created a form for the track. I took regular insulating foam in a can (the rigid type) and sprayed the form to overflowing. After allowing proper curing time of 8 hours, i used a serrated blade to trim off the excess by cutting along the rails of my form. Previously I had taped the rails on the inside so as to eliminate any sticking when i removed the form. Worked perfectly. Using scrap wood i only had to buy the spray foam, which cost about 4 bucks. I'm gonna use it to make my incline on the inside of my layout also.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 05:30:49 PM by rookie » Logged
pdlethbridge
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 05:06:14 AM »

Good job. I hope, in the long run, that moisture won't be a problem with the Masonite.
rookie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 05:21:18 PM »

Thanks pdlethbridge.  The masonite 's not an issue though. That was the forming rails which i took off after the foam cured.
jward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 08:17:33 PM »

i am impressed. i've never thought of that........

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA
jsmvmd

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 11:39:06 AM »

Brilliant !  I will try that with my portable tunnels I am working on.  Quite  nicely done !  You are no longer a rookie !

Best Wishes,

Jack
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: