STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2018, 05:08:12 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  On30
| | |-+  Your dream loco for Bachmann to produce
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Your dream loco for Bachmann to produce  (Read 32940 times)
MarK T

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2010, 04:34:40 PM »

Even though MMI has done the Mudhens, I'm sure Bachmann could bring them in at an acceptable price point (below $500) and I'm guessing they might run a bit smoother and have the coupler at the right height for the rest of the Bachmann equipment and be dcc ready (no need to remove the boiler) ...wishful thinking Smiley
ossygobbin

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2010, 05:30:49 PM »

Then that leaves us with a Heisler and a 4-4-0 that everyone wants! and last but not least the RGS 20. Grin

Royce

i dont
Hamish K

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2010, 06:32:47 PM »

This thread is about dream locos, i.e. the loco you would really like, whether or not it is a likely project for Bachmann to make. Mine are the "puffing billy' 2-6-2 tank and the K1 Garratt,and  no I don't really expect either.  Some however have turned this into a what Bachmann should make thread and seem to assume that their interests are everybodies, e.g. assertions about a proper 4-4-0. All locos are proper! and not everybody wants large 3 foot prototypes. I want and need (space reasons) small locos.

Hamish
Mike_AA9ZY

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2010, 06:41:49 PM »

I have to agree with you Hamish. If the new sound equipped Porters have the correct sound package and operate properly, I will be a happy modeler.
Royce Wilson

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2010, 08:37:31 PM »

Hamish, you are very right and I apologize for that statement. I once was lucky enough to meet a famous book author, Mallory Hope Ferrell, in a local hobby shop. he told me that there was no such thing as a ugly steam locomotive.

The Puffing Billy is not high on my personal list ,but it sure is a pretty and intresting locomotive and given all the great modeling that has come out of Australia then I really think those guys need a model produced.

Happy modeling

Royce Wilson
Tomcat

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2010, 09:19:08 PM »

Royce, you are right about the MMI K-27. Ive got three of them and just one runs halfway acceptable. Poor electric pickup which I think to reconstruct by adding extra wipers on the tender, and a tend to derail, even on wide curves. Bachmann could do definitely better, Im sure. Ive a Bachmann RGS 455 post-wreck here and if you look at the awesome running gear construction - wow...

RGS 20 would be a cool thing - we will see her under steam in 2011 I hope...
RGS / C&S 74 would be cool too...

And that 3rd type of geared engine we are (nearly...Huh?) hoping for...
This H-word is nearly worn out to type it here... Sad Sad Sad

Cheers, Tom Wink Wink Wink
J.A.M.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2010, 01:00:14 PM »

Tell you what, a larger shay would be nice, something like bachmanns large scale 1  Grin
Cheers Smiley
Tomcat

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2010, 02:50:25 PM »

Yeah, I definitely agree: A more "modern" Shay, the Ely Thomas Lumber No.6 for example, would be a cool thing to have... Or a Westside, or.... Smiley Smiley Smiley

Cheers, Tom Wink Wink Wink
kcsivils1

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2010, 03:03:14 PM »

Oregon Lumber Company #7 - still operating in NW Indiana at the Hesston Steam Museum.

Great cabbage stack and a large three truck Shay - the last narrow gauge one ever built.
whitepasser

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2010, 05:06:52 PM »

Now its time for the first big narrow gauge diesel engine.

So I'm asking for any diesel engine of the White Pass & Yukon Route (WP&YR)

For example the GE class 90: Number 90-100

or the Alco 101-110

and final the Bombardier 111-114

But please don't make the LGB error. Please make any engine in full O scale 1/48.
The LGB engine was not correct in dimension, but very sucessful in number of sales.
Boerries http://www.whitepassfan.net

Mister Lee

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2010, 12:24:47 AM »

As far as road diesels go, my first vote is for something like the Oahu Railway & Land Co/Cumbres & Toltec/Georgetown Loop center-cab GE's. My second would be the 90 class, since GE built similar locos (admittedly meter-gauge) for Argentina and other countries.

I confess that I do wonder what the 90 class would look like in D&RGW passenger-F colors.
kcsivils1

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2010, 01:00:39 PM »

USA 3000/White Pass & Yukon Route 81 would be great!

Largish switcher that was an actual variable gauge locomotive!

After its years at Skagway it went to South America.

Perhaps Boerries could post a photo of the 81!
rdftrain

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2010, 07:30:35 PM »

A class B shay 3 cylinders 25-38 tons like the large scale one Bachmann made.
shayracer87

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2010, 07:03:48 PM »

Hey, guys - I'm with J.A.M...... I think an early 12-14 ton Vertical Boiler Climax and/or
a T-Boiler version would be Great !  Take the basic design from the NWSL HO/HOn3 models -
Absolute beauties !!!!! Yea, I know Car Works makes Brass Models of these - But with the exceptional tooling that Bachmann has created, I 'm confident they could come up with a "killer" look.
Stevelewis

That IS Flying Scotsman (Not a photshop!!)

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2010, 11:38:37 AM »

I have  to  add  my  two  pennyworth  here!
I would  welcome  a  LARGE 0n30  diesel loco
(I also model Large scale in the  Garden and  have  a  couple  of  WP&Y  diesel Locos)

I am looking  at  Rich yoder's GE 50 Tonner  but  I think  the  price  is  a bit high  although it  will probably be  a brilliant  model.

STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: