STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 03:33:22 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  derailment at switchs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: derailment at switchs  (Read 1423 times)
GRZ

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2011, 01:22:05 PM »

I'm still trying to find my way in this new world! well over 70 and new to this button way of conversing, I just read that someone was having problems with a loco passing a switch  and derailing, I had a problem with the selves that are covering the CDC wires[ there are two on each wire] would catch in the point and stop all forward motion in a instant. I slid them back and forward and glued them there.problem solved.. I may get brave and snip them off when I find they have no real use! Griz
Jim Banner

Enjoying electric model railroading since 1950.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 04:07:07 PM »

Those sleeves are mostly decorative, serving to keep the wires in neat bundles.  If they are causing you trouble, you can take them off - the trains will still run without them.

Jim

Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.
GRZ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 05:16:18 PM »

thank you Jim. like Iaid a bit nervous on this knew stuff. I go back 65 years in rail roading , im just now wakeing up things thats been packed away long long time.wow what a change in engines,im likeing this new stuff... thank you again.grz
richg
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 06:28:52 PM »

I used a quite small pair of scissors the have a long narrow set of cutters to slit these plastic sleeves. I then coated the wires with black liquid vinyl which stiffens them slightly and they look like hoses.

Rich
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: