News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Berlin trolley

Started by klrrdr, September 19, 2011, 07:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klrrdr

Just bought a green and cream color trolley with German writing on the side. It is the same design as the Hershey and the regular G scale closed car trolleys. Any one know when these were made,were they a production item or is this a proto type of some kind? I can not find one pc. of info on the net. Thanks in advance, Mark

Wade Colyer

Hi Mark:

Years ago, TrainWorld (or some other closeout store maybe) had four or five Bachmann trolleys on closeout lettered for German towns and each was painted different. I thought it was odd they would have them since any Bachmann for Europe would have been shipped there instead of to the US. If I wrote down the info, I can't find it now. I lost my C drive some years ago and I think I saved the pictures on it but they are long gone. How about it, Loco Bill, any ideas? They do show up on EBAY every now and then.

Wade

klrrdr

The lettering on this one says WESTLICHE BERLINER VORORTBAHN. I did get this one on Ebay. In it's original box don't have it yet so I don't know the part #

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Guys,

I really don't track these, as they are not US items.   I can't remember who sold them either,  but Trainworld is one of several dumping grounds for Bachmann excess items along with Nicholas Smith Trains.  I believe it \was one of the two and most likely Trainworld. 

The Berlin Trolley was 39-105.   It has the number 40

The others I have recorded are:

39-102 Nurenburg-Firth
39-103 Dusseldorf
39-104 Hamburg

I believe these are the only four dumped in the US.   One source told me that in Europe there were others including Stuttgart and Frankfurt, but I cannot confirm this, nor do I know the numbers.  I did not follow up back then. 

Best I can do on this one!!

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

klrrdr

Thank you all. Trolley should be here in a couple of days,can't wait to ride it up and down the block,maybe make a few extra bucks from unsuspecting fares. You gotta love a rogue trolley operator. :>0

Hamish K

These are listed as new in the 2011 Liliput (Bachmann's German branch) catalogue, though they are in fact rereleases. Dresden, Nurnberg and Berlin versions are listed. The current  Berlin's number is L193502. I don't have details but I know they were originally released quite some time ago, and  possibly rereleased  previously as well.

Hamish

Mark Oles

Hey,
Thanks for posting this.  Those trolleys look great painted up in the German cities paint.