News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Turn out wiring question

Started by wilson44512, January 18, 2012, 11:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilson44512

i just bought left and right turn outs. and was wonder how to hook them up to my power pack. as you can see in the picture of the wire should i cut the ends of the wire to attach it to the power supply? and can i hook both turn outs together?

Jerrys HO

wilson

You are correct. After cutting the wire I usually solder the ends before I connect them to the power pack.
After you have them hooked up they may not be synchronized with the switch meaning if you throw the switch left the turnout goes right and vise-versa. If this happens just pull the green wire out of the switch and flip it around.

Jerry

wilson44512

Jerrys HO

It's easier to help with pictures. Glad to help. Ya'll come back now,ya hear. ;D

Jerry

jward

to answer the other question you asked, yes it is possible to hook both to the same controller, but you won't be able to control them independently. the system is designed so that you can hook multiple control boxes together. you'd only need one set of wires from the power pack to the control boxes, and one set from each control box to the switch it controls. since bachmann's system uses plugs, if you want to control more than one switch with a single control box, you'll have to cut the plug ends off both sets of wires from the switches, connect them together, then connect those wires to one of the plugs you cut off. or you could use the control boxes from another company which uses screw terminals.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA