STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 08:05:50 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Bachmann Duck Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22 Print
Author Topic: The Bachmann Duck Thread  (Read 99009 times)
MetaDude27
« on: February 06, 2012, 04:35:13 PM »

This thread will be dedicated to the currently-rumored-yet-plausible announcement of Bachmann Duck the Great Western Engine (see link here: http://thomasmodelreview.blogspot.com/2012/02/im-great-western-and.html).

This includes (but is not limited to) discussion, opinions, and updates of said topic.

I, for one, believe the announcement is from a reliable source; however, I'm holding back my excitement until an official word from Bachmann Trains is released. What does everyone else think?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 04:40:35 PM by MetaDude27 » Logged
thomasj219

Thomas Will Be Coming Down Our Track Forever!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 06:09:08 PM »

I agree with you, I don't want to be let down but I think it is legitimate. The only question I have now is are there more engines? I hope so. I think there are too they most likely were not mentioned as that artice was just about Duck.

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Daisy, Harvey.
MetaDude27
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 06:59:17 PM »

To my knowledge, Bachmann has always released 2 or more Thomas engines within a 1-year period (with perhaps 1 or 2 exceptions), so I'm guessing that there are more items to come. Of course, I certainly wouldn't mind if Duck was 2012's only new Thomas item. Cheesy If there are more releases, then my best prediction is still 'Arry and Bert. My wish, however, is that Bachmann would release Oliver to go along with Duck.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 07:28:14 PM by MetaDude27 » Logged
RW James

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 07:31:55 PM »

...and Toad...

new this year in Bachmann's UK range:

Put a face on it and presto!

Rick
goldwing

I am this guy, and That guy.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 07:45:24 PM »

Wow it's been ages since I was here, so whats up in the world of Bachmann?  Roll Eyes

Ok, so I return after 3 years, and guess what, I have no railways. FAIL
JJ96

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 09:32:24 PM »

What's up?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8xDkVDU9MQ
That's WHAT'S UP!
Even though idk you as a username welcome back.
I hope the article is legitimate.
MetaDude27
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 09:53:25 PM »

...and Toad...

new this year in Bachmann's UK range:

Put a face on it and presto!

A very nice resemblance! Perhaps an omen of things to come? Wink Hey, a guy can always dream. Cheesy
TobyTheTram16

Sheffield Steamer.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 10:55:07 PM »

I'm looking forward to getting Duck, once he's released I wonder what he'll look like  Smiley
Ivo Hugh

Ivo Hugh, Skarloey Railway #7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 11:22:06 PM »

Guys I don't think we should trust rumors. Simon refused to actually give out a source to the actual info he received. It may be a hoax, it may not be, but we can never know for sure until Toy Fair.

1. Skarloey, 2. Rheneas, 3. Sir Handel, 4. Peter Sam, 5. Rusty, 6. Duncan, 7. Ivo Hugh, 8. Duke, 9. Fred. I am a fan of the Skarloey Railway from The Railway Series.
thomasj219

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 12:19:18 AM »

Most likley because of an agreement, like some things on SiF. But I agree let's not get our hopes to high, but for the record I think it's legitimate.

Stepney the 'Bluebell' Engine

Visitor to Sodor from Sheffield Park, England!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 08:23:40 AM »

I think it would be wise for now to just wait until we get the real deal from Bachmann, unless it's actually been confirmed first hand, i doubt Bachmann would tell only one individual about a fourthcoming release and not announce it to everyone.

"Bluebells Forever!" - Stepney the 'Bluebell' Engine
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Blog: http://theworldofthomasmodelling.blogspot.com/
The Forum: http://worldofsodor.proboards.com
ThomasFan247

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 09:35:37 AM »

Bachmann isn't the only company who knows what will be released. HiT is in charge of that, and SiF gets updates on the Thomas world first hand from HiT more often than not. Simon is part of SiF, so if they were told about Duck's announcement through HiT, then it's true. I'm not saying that that's the case, but it seems more than believable to me.

*EDIT: HiT no longer owns Thomas & Friends. Mattel does, I forgot Tongue
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 11:09:19 AM by ThomasFan247 » Logged
MetaDude27
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 10:21:28 AM »

Hey, I noticed that the "Duck's Face" topic was locked. Did you do that, thomasj219?
Stepney the 'Bluebell' Engine

Visitor to Sodor from Sheffield Park, England!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 10:34:31 AM »

Fair point, but, id rather hear it officially from Bachmann and get an official release date, because more often than once have rumours been posted all over the web about who is and isn't being made, you only have to look around a lot of the forums and other internet sites (I.E. Youtube) to see that false claims have been made regarding new products.

Once an official declaration has been posted, I'll happily look forward to whatever model is being released!

"Bluebells Forever!" - Stepney the 'Bluebell' Engine
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Blog: http://theworldofthomasmodelling.blogspot.com/
The Forum: http://worldofsodor.proboards.com
thomasj219

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 01:34:07 PM »

No I didn't lock it, that's very strange I wonder why it's locked  Huh? Bach-man?

EDIT: I was able to unlock it but I wonder why it was locked in the first place. Maybe all the model makers at BACHMANN were reading it  Cheesy that would be nice.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 01:36:12 PM by thomasj219 » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: