STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 07:08:50 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Large
| | |-+  To: The Yardmaster Subject:Large Scale Parts Availibility
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: To: The Yardmaster Subject:Large Scale Parts Availibility  (Read 27 times)
RkyGriz

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2017, 10:11:37 PM »

Hi Mr. Yardmaster. While browsing the Bachmann online parts catalog recently, I noticed that some parts have been out of stock for a long time. Replacement chassis such as the version 6 and the new swing arm assembly sold out quite a while ago and have not been restocked. In fact, quite a large number of parts are also currently unavailable and have been that way for a very long time as well. A recent phone call to the parts department proved to be unsatisfactory as to answering my question, and the service rep suggested trying to ask you. So, are more replacement parts on the way? Or will you no longer sell them after they run out? Not restocking replacement parts would be a disservice to all of us loyal do it yourselfers who enjoy working on our trains as much as we enjoy running them.Not to also mention that it's cheaper, faster, and easier to repair them ourselves then to have to send them back to you for repairs.
Thank you!
Andrew

Owner and operator of V&T Auctions.
Greg Elmassian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 11:20:33 PM »

Unfortunately, selling parts is not as profitable as selling trains. In their last years Aristo Craft owned up to the fact that usually they only made parts at the same time they ran the locomotives. (wheels and couplers excluded).

Kader made Aristo as Kader makes Bachmann. Not saying this is a conspiracy, but if Kader makes it uneconomical to make parts, then we are SOL. Bachmann can't alter the economics of Kader unless they start selling a lot more locos.

And they aren't so far.

Greg

Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: