STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 04:20:22 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Large
| | |-+  36 ton shay
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 36 ton shay  (Read 2045 times)
petertoot

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2007, 05:34:07 AM »

hi,i have purchased a second hand shay,it runs very well,but i have noticed that one wheel is loose on each truck,i do remember some dicussion,re this so can any one please refresh my aging memory, thanks peter...
the Bach-man
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 11:40:27 PM »

Dear Peter,
It may be time to replace the trucks. I'd suggest getting a pair of the new metal trucks; they are easy to install and very powerful.
Have fun!
the Bach-man
Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 02:01:09 AM »

Unless you have access to parts or someone who can fix them (and you need to pull the bottom covers and inspect for broken screw-holes before proceeding), metal trucks are the answer.
They have the same "guts" as yours, motors, gears, axles, wheels, and externals, the metal housings do not attenuate noise like the plastic did, but you won't have HOUSING issues again.

If your screw-holes are okay, e-mail me or contact service for washer kits on your old units.

TOC
tlnibert

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 06:47:23 AM »

I just picked up a new 36 ton Shay NIB and I hate to think I'll have to buy new trucks to make it right. Bachmann service has it now fixing a rear truck. Bachmann had a flaw that wasn't fixed.  I love my Bachmann trains and have many.  I have a source for couple new 36 ton Shays and I will be buying them.
Tom
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: