STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 07:53:47 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Differences in modeling throughout the world
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Differences in modeling throughout the world  (Read 16970 times)
GG1onFordsDTandI
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2013, 12:27:42 AM »

Ive been on more trains than planes while traveling;D And prefer it that way! Wink Unless I was in control Cool... Undecided... Better scratch that Shocked
 Id rather drive the train Cool

The Zephyr domed observation car  Kiss art deco perfection, "Head-end-to-toe" in Silver, a Lady Cheesy   
Desertdweller

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2013, 06:35:05 PM »

Yes, indeed!

I've ridden in a couple of the CZ obs cars (unless it was the same one twice).  One I remember riding was the "Silver Solarium".

I you were riding in one of these, where would you prefer, the teardrop end lounge or the dome?

I rode in all the dome cars I could, and it's a good thing I did, although I never thought they would all disappear like they did.

Rode in the two CB&Q originals, "Silver Dome" and "Silver Castle".  Got run out of a GN "Great Dome" (it was for first-class only and I just had a coach ticket).  All the Budd domes were nice, as were the Milwaukee Road "Superdomes".

Probably the most unusual one I ever rode was a NP dome sleeper with a lounge in the dome.  It had tables like a UP dome diner.  NP added lounge space in the dome when they pulled the obs cars off the "North Coast Limited".

Les
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: