STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 01:18:56 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.s) - READ ONLY FORUM
| |-+  DCC
| | |-+  DCC TURNOUT USING DIGITRAX EQUIPMENT
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DCC TURNOUT USING DIGITRAX EQUIPMENT  (Read 4809 times)
jrd65

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2014, 05:01:39 PM »

Just received a Decoder equipped DCC Turnout (Right crossover). Reading the instructions. Apparently this unit is made to be used with Bachman's DCC E Z Command controller. I am using a Digitrax Command station with Digitrax switch control units. Paid a good price for the turnout now feel that I have suffered a loss since I have no idea how to set up this unit with the Digitrax equipment. Angry Anybody have any ideas Huh?
bapguy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 06:40:21 PM »

Here's how to do it on a Zypher. If other then a Zypher check your manual. Following are detailed instructions that worked for me.
To Program:
1   Press and hold the program button on the turnout till it toggles.
2   Press the “Switch” key on the Digitrax DCS51.
3   Press the # key you want to assign to the switch.
4   Press the cv-wr key to program. The switch will toggle 4 times to indicate it has been programmed.
To Operate:
1   Press the “Switch” key.
2   Press the # key you assigned to the switch. 2 switches programmed to the same number will work in tandem but must be programmed individually.
3   Press t (cv-rd) or c (cv-wr) key to toggle the switch to Thrown or Closed. For some reason my switch indicator is opposite to the actual position.
4   Your throttle and direction controls will work normally while in Switch mode.
jrd65

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 05:51:31 PM »

BAPGUY...Thanks. Will try it in the next day or so.
Questions that you might have an answer to.
1) There are 2 turnouts on a crossover. Can I program each separately as if I was programming individual turnouts?
2) I am trying to run LEDs off of each turnout on my layout (The turnouts now are going thru DS64's and they are not DCC; however they are Bachman's) with Atlas 200 Snap Relays to control the LEDs. They work the way I want them to.

I appreciate your response.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 06:04:56 PM by jrd65 » Logged
bapguy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 07:29:52 PM »

Yes you can program each turnout individually. As for the LED's I'm not sure. You have to have a resister for each LED.  Joe
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: