STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 03:50:22 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Large
| | |-+  How to replace light bulb in Big Hauler passenger car
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How to replace light bulb in Big Hauler passenger car  (Read 902 times)
Agria

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2014, 02:10:55 AM »

I have successfully taken apart my Big Hauler passenger car to access the two lights in the ceiling.  One of them is apparently burned out.  My problem is that I cannot figure out how to remove the bulb to test it and replace it if bad.  Does anyone know, do the bulbs unscrew?  Can't really get much of a grip on it to turn it and I am afraid I will break it in the process.  It is almost entirely inset into a plastic light diffuser which makes it hard to grab.  By the way, thanks to you who helped me rewire the 4 wheel truck on my Baldwin engine. After some minor modifications of the chassis, I put it all back together and it now runs like a charm.
Loco Bill Canelos

Model railroading since 1947

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 07:17:54 PM »

Yes they do unscrew, and I too have had a difficult time getting them loose.  I used a syringe to put a little WD 40 on the edge of the socket. I let it sit a bit then used a needle nose pliers with a paper towel between the bulb and jaws and slowly wiggled it out..

Good luck,

Bill

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway Missouri Western Railway
Semi Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: