STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2018, 03:10:40 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  N
| | |-+  What should the next model be from Bachmann?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: What should the next model be from Bachmann?  (Read 12291 times)
skipgear

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 01:03:08 AM »

My best guess for the next steam:

C&O / NKP Berkshire - Walthers obviously has forgotten that they own the tooling for them and Bachmann already does them in HO and seems to have a soft spot for C&O loco's. I hope for the C&O version, there are plenty of NKP's out there already.

PRR K4 - Lots of pent up demand.

Russian Decapod - Long shot, just to save face on the previously announced model.

Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950
heintz

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 05:39:10 PM »

Pennsy K4
TJ

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2014, 11:18:02 AM »

How about this, Any locomotive which is either DCC  ON BOARD or DCC READY or ready to accept a  DECODER chip as simple as PLUG-N- PLAY version!

TJ

n-scale chesapeake & ohio

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 01:01:30 AM »

+1 for a K4
Although i would like to see an 0-6-0 with DCC

models the C&O in 1945-55 happily in Canada Cheesy
sumfred

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2014, 01:17:02 PM »

It appears that something is happening, as the 4-8-4 Northern, 4-8-2 Light Mountain and the 2-8-0 Consolidation all have disappeared from the Bachmann list on their web-site. They still show them on the steam locomotive overall view but not on the individual engine list. ( "There are no products to list in this category." )
Fred
gmhtrains

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2014, 03:48:51 PM »

I am less concerned about new prototype models than about new paint schemes for existing models. Bachmann is one of the few major manufacturers of N scale trains not to have produced any motive power or rolling stock lettered for Mexican railroads. Personally, I would rather see more equipment offered for National Railways of Mexico, FC del Pacifico, Chihuahua al Pacifico, FC Sonora-Baja California, FC Mexicano and Unidos del Sureste (1970's-'80's era) than for today's Ferromex, Ferrosur and KCS de Mexico.

Gil Hulin
Eugene, OR
duke2448

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2014, 03:25:05 PM »

4-6-2 Pacific or 2-8-4 Berkshire Dcc ready or equipped
TJ

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2014, 04:51:54 PM »

Duke,  I say any locomotive which is either DCC ON BOARD with or without sound or DCC READY or ready to accept a DECODER chip as simple as PLUG-N- PLAY version. As long as it is reasonably priced!

TJ
skipgear

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2014, 11:28:35 PM »

Duke,  I say any locomotive which is either DCC ON BOARD with or without sound or DCC READY or ready to accept a DECODER chip as simple as PLUG-N- PLAY version. As long as it is reasonably priced!

TJ

Anything new that comes from Bachmann will have DCC. They have already stated that many times.

It appears that something is happening, as the 4-8-4 Northern, 4-8-2 Light Mountain and the 2-8-0 Consolidation all have disappeared from the Bachmann list on their web-site. They still show them on the steam locomotive overall view but not on the individual engine list. ( "There are no products to list in this category." )
Fred

It looks like the 4-8-2 Lt. and Heavy, and 2-8-0 are gone. WOW. Distributors are showing them all discontinued. I hope this means there are new replacements announced at this years NMRA show. I'm glad I have a couple of each stashed away. Always wanted a C&O 2-8-0 and never got around to getting one, too late now.

The 4-8-4 Northern has two new versions on the way. The Bachmann product listing is a webstore so it doesn't show items that are not in stock.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 11:33:10 PM by skipgear » Logged

Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950
Mdaskalos

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2014, 12:00:52 AM »

Always wanted a C&O 2-8-0 and never got around to getting one, too late now.

Don't be so sure. trainworldonline.com. I got one around the turn of the new year for eighty bucks. They're still listing them - the latest series, with DCC onboard.

Select Bachmann - Steam locomotive - N Scale. Then go to last listing of last page.
Desertdweller

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2014, 12:15:55 AM »

I would really like to see an updated H-12-44.  I've had four Minitrix examples over the past 35 years.
2 UP models I backdated to H-10-44's with the overhanging cab roofs.  I wore these out and bought a third for parts, then pretty much wore the replacement parts out.

Last year, my son bought me an ATSF H-12-44 new old stock.  I modified it with diode-controlled lighting at both ends and it is currently in service.  It should last another 10-15 years.

If I am still alive by then, I'll be looking for another.

Les
TJ

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2014, 10:16:02 AM »

I would really like to see an updated H-12-44.  I've had four Minitrix examples over the past 35 years.
2 UP models I backdated to H-10-44's with the overhanging cab roofs.  I wore these out and bought a third for parts, then pretty much wore the replacement parts out.

Last year, my son bought me an ATSF H-12-44 new old stock.  I modified it with diode-controlled lighting at both ends and it is currently in service.  It should last another 10-15 years.

If I am still alive by then, I'll be looking for another.

Les

Les,

I'LL second that motion.

TJ
inkaneer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2014, 03:09:40 PM »

Always wanted a C&O 2-8-0 and never got around to getting one, too late now.

Don't be so sure. trainworldonline.com. I got one around the turn of the new year for eighty bucks. They're still listing them - the latest series, with DCC onboard.

Select Bachmann - Steam locomotive - N Scale. Then go to last listing of last page.

Gee,  I guess I was real fortunate to pick up two of them [with DCC on board] in the last two weeks on that auction site.  Got them for minimum bid of $65.00 each.  Some of the prices there just defy logic.
heintz

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2014, 06:49:43 PM »

Obviously, PRR E6 and K4
Country Joe

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2014, 05:09:21 PM »

Obviously, PRR E6 and K4

Not so obvious to me. I have no interest in either. Whatever they produce, some of us will be happy and some of us won't.

The K4 is a PRR loco. I don't know if Bachmann would sell enough of them to make it worth their while. They did produce a K4 in HO, but the HO market is about 3 times the size of the N scale market. I'd love to see some NYC steam engines but I think generic locos that could be lettered for a number of roads make more sense in our scale. Unfortunately, there's just not enough of us. I don't think we will ever see the road specific steamers like HO has. Of course, I hope I'm wrong.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: