OFFICIAL 2014 THOMAS & FRIENDS ANNOUNCEMENTS

Started by InsideTrack, February 16, 2014, 10:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsideTrack

Dear Thomas & Friends customers:
These are all the new Thomas products we will be offering in 2014. There will be no other announcements until the 2015 Toy Fair. Enjoy! :) :)

Bachmann Trains

HO Scale

Red Coach (Item No. 76038)

Red Brake Coach (Item No. 76039)

Thomas & Friends™ Resin Buildings: Maithwaite Station (Item No. 35901), Black Lock Folly (Item No. 35902), Signal Box (Item No. 35903), and Brendam Warehouse (Item No. 35904)

Announced in 2013, arriving sometime in 2014

Iron 'Arry (Item No. 58812)

Iron Bert (Item No. 58813)

Troublesome Truck #4 (Item No. 77020)

Jeremy (Item No. 42440)

Large Scale

Open Wagon - Red (Item No. 98013)

Cream Tanker (Item No. 98014)

Announced in 2013, arriving sometime in 2014

Raspberry Tank Car (Item No. 98011)

Open Wagon - Blue (Item No. 98012)

Anthony P2

I thought they weren't supposed to be announced until after the Toy Fair? oh well, I'm not complaining.  ;D nice to see the the Red Coaches are going to be made! I think I'm more excited about the resin buildings.  ;)  Good choices this year!

thomasj219

THE RED COACHES!!!! Can't tell you how happy I am. (Personally planning on getting 5 regular and three brake) Shame about no new engines this year, for G too, but it's not like we don't have a lot to buy this year. Go resin buildings and red coaches!!
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

seanrail

Cheeky_ULP

It's understandable Bachmann skipped making an engine this year, the range is already full of choices and Arry and Bert aren't out yet.

To add, we're getting some great looking buildings and the long-anticipated Red Coaches! I'd say this years announcements were pretty great.

Shawn

Interesting range.  The resin buildings will be nice for people who missed out on another brand's ones.

seanrail

Quote from: Shawn on February 16, 2014, 12:29:58 PM
Interesting range.  The resin buildings will be nice for people who missed out on another brand's ones.
the H company particularly.

TrainFan97

At least the red branchline coaches got announced. I hope we'll get engines next year. Hopefully two, like Oliver and Stepney.

I hope we'll get pictures of Bachmann 'Arry and Bert soon. :-\
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Calebtrain

Were there any pictures of any of the models?
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

Chaz

This is certainly a huge highlight for Bachmann as the red coaches have been a high demand for a very long time!  I'll be ordering a few coaches as well as a brake coach too.  A HUGE thank you to Bachmann for listening to the fans on this one! :)

So my final thoughts on this year.  So there are no new engines this year, and I'll be honest once every single product from last year was delayed I sort of saw this coming.  I know everyone was expecting Oliver and other engines to join the range, but honestly with everything held back it is more than understandable why Bachmann haven't added a new engine this year.  I'm sure next year we will see one join the range.  Despite this, I think everything that was announced this year was pretty good, and honestly better than last year's announcements.  Sure Arry and Bert were a given, but they weren't the ones everyone originally wanted, and Jeremy was by no means a welcome addition when he was announced by a large majority of members (as many of you may remember).  So getting the rolling stock everyone has been demanding for so many years, as well as some high quality resin buildings is a huge improvement over last year's announcements. 

I'll say this again, but thank you so much Bachmann for continuing to listen to the fans even to this very day!  Marketing has always been a challenge but the quality of products still shines even today.  Looking forward to these new products! 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TrainFan97

If they did announce an engine this year, it wouldn't really get released until the next year anyway. At least 'Arry and Bert are to look forward to.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

shining time

awesome definitely getting the red coaches 
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

Churchill8F

Nice to see the Red Coaches getting made, might need to complete my own attempt now.

Jack
My Blog: 8F Works

therailwayinspector

We can't all be pleased all of the time - there'll be many upset they didn't announce Stepney, Boco, Stanley, Hiro, Molly, Billy..................

I'm delighted that the branch line coaches are being announced - the first of ANY range to do so unless I'm mistaken? At last, we have some more stock for the likes of Duck, Percy and co who wouldn't normally pull express carriages. I shall certainly be getting quite a few, and I dare say if made well, they'll appeal to UK modellers of the non-Thomas scene who could respray them into various liveries too.

I am waiting with baited breath.
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures