STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2018, 11:38:14 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  HO
| | |-+  NEW Bachmann RS-3 Question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NEW Bachmann RS-3 Question  (Read 1641 times)
Striker1945

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2014, 11:45:11 PM »

Hey Bach-mann!

I recently received a new RS-3 for a college graduation gift! When I opened the box a small computer chip in a bag popped out along with the paperwork and such. However none of the papers explained what the chip is or what it does. Can you help me out here?

-Striker
ACY

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 01:55:48 AM »

It sounds like it is a jumper plug for if you want to remove the DCC decoder and run it strictly on DC.
Doneldon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 01:56:34 AM »

Hey Bach-mann
I recently received a new RS-3 for a college graduation gift! When I opened the box a small computer chip in a bag popped out along with the paperwork and such. However none of the papers explained what the chip is or what it does. Can you help me out here?
-Striker

Striker-

It's a jumper which you use if the loco is to be run on DC rather than DCC. It goes onto the PCB inside the loco.

-- D
Striker1945

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 10:56:41 AM »

O.K. So then I'll just stow the chip away somewheres as I wont be needing it now (or ever)...

Thanks guys!!!

-Striker
jward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 12:50:55 PM »

do not lose the dummy plug. you never know if you'll need it in the future. if you ever need to revert to dc temporarily, you'll be glad to have it. dcc systems are expensive and if anything happens to yours it may be a while before you can get it replaced. plus, if you have a friend who runs dc, you can use the plug when you visit his layout.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: