STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2017, 10:34:19 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 59 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 184406 times)
MrBob

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2015, 04:47:38 PM »

I'm not really into the narrow gauge stuff but that prototype is very nice
ThomasFan1993

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2015, 06:24:10 AM »

That is one fantastic model of Skarloey, can't wait to see the finished result! By the way, has anyone noticed the new Round Water Tower in the last picture?
shining time

long live the narrow gauge railway

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2015, 08:43:18 AM »

skarloey looks amazing cant wait for christmas as i will be able to add the n scale track for him

long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways
Thomasfan39

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2015, 02:42:02 PM »

Chaz, did Bachmann trains have a Thomas layout, if they do can you post pictures?
Rickenbacker 325

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2015, 06:06:40 PM »

What ever happened to the celebration thomas? Was that there or is it being delayed as well?
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2015, 01:13:44 AM »

Well the NMRA just ended today, and I am fairly exhausted.  It took my club well over two hours to clean and pack things up after the show.  But all in all, this past weekend was amazing, it consisted of either running trains or watching trains... doesn't get any better than that.  Each day when I was there I always made a few stops over to the Bachmann booth to chat with both the Bach-man and Doug (a rep you may have seen from different videos in the past).  The representatives from Bachmann are all wonderful, but I found these two to be the nicest out of the bunch.  If Bachmann is ever in town through any hobby shows (such as world's greatest, or ihobby), give Bachmann a visit and I am sure anyone would enjoy a visit with them. Smiley

Now, I believe I promised everyone some more pictures, and hopefully that will answer any further questions as to what was there and what wasn't.  

The celebration Thomas was also at the show, it looks a lot better than it does in the illustration in the catalog.  I'd definitely consider it a collector's item more than anything else.  

Here is a comparison photo of the Celebration Thomas with the Skarloey engineering sample, in case if anyone wanted to know how Thomas and Skarloey looked while near each other.  

The green mail car was also there too, which I'm sure will be great for anyone who was planning on getting it.  

And yes, the round water tower was there, and I did get a picture of it!  The details such as the chains on this looked great, easily one of the best looking water towers I've seen.  I'm almost tempted to replace the water tower I currently have on my layout for this.  

The funny thing is the Skarloey stock uses the same packaging type of style Peco does, in case anyone wanted to see this.  An interesting observation I also find with this is the "14+" on the top right hand corner, as opposed to "8+".

I got three wagons for my birthday recently, so it was easy for me to pick up on this.  

No Sodor layout was there unfortunately, but there was a nice display of the large scale stuff that was there too.  

Of course this show didn't consist of visiting Bachmann, but my club also had a layout set up there too.  So as a nice treat for everyone who was supportive of the Skarloey photos, here are a few pictures from my club layout you may also enjoy too.

The five models that I brought with me to the show... all five from Bachmann. Smiley

Hauling coal cars was tough work for this little engine!

My 4-4-0 stopped at the station, easily one of my favorite engines to take to shows!

Thomas enjoys a run at the countryside with Annie and Clarabel.

Duck is enjoying the harbor on our layout... and yes that is real water!  You'd be surprised how many people were shocked once they found that one out.

My friend wanted me to run his big boy on our layout, and that one managed to haul a long line of freight cars.  I don't think Thomas appreciated the attention it got.  

A train one of the other members made to represent the polar express!

And of course one of our switchers who would bring candy to any of the visitors to our layout.  

And to wrap up these photos, here are some souvenirs I picked up... a new building from Woodland Scenics and a Speed-Activated Sound Thomas from Doug!  A thank you card will be sent soon!  

All in all, it was an amazing weekend and I do hope something like this can be repeated very soon!  Great show, and thank you Bachmann!  
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 01:35:01 AM by Chaz » Logged
TTTEfan1992

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2015, 02:07:47 AM »

Thank you for sharing these pictures with us Chaz. I have to say, I find these pictures of the new Bachmann Thomas products very, very interesting. I think some of these products look a lot better than they do in their item listing pictures such as "Celebration Thomas", "Green Mail Car", and the "Round Water Tower". I found it really interesting for what packaging that Bachmann is going to use for the narrow gauge products. I know that Skarloey is not finished yet, but so far he looks phenomenal. I was surprised for how big they made Skarloey compared to Thomas. Thank you for sharing that with us. Bachmann does a phenomenal job with accuracy. The looks of the model are really accurate to the TV series including the size compared to other characters in the TV Series which I am very pleased, and impressed with. It's too bad that Oliver, and Toad didn't make it to the NMRA. I am really curious as to what they are going to look like especially Oliver, because Hornby Oliver looks pretty good, but Bachmann tends to make products that are a lot better looking that what Hornby makes. I can tell that both Hornby Oliver and Bachmann Oliver are going to be extremely close to each other, because in Oliver's item illustration picture they have the exact same detail except Bachmann Oliver may look a little less detailed and cleaned up more than Hornby Oliver. But I'm really curious as to how much better Bachmann Oliver is going to look compared to Hornby Oliver. Overall, I really appreciate that you took pictures to share these with us.

Thank you very much for sharing these pictures with us.
Metal

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2015, 03:24:13 AM »

Thanks for showing us, Chaz, and happy birthday. Smiley

Such lovely displays.
I will say that the Celebration Thomas does look better than in the promo illustration. Though, personally, I would of preferred if Bachmann went with his Adventure Begins livery as a symbol to celebrate the 70th anniversary. Tongue

Or a Black James would of been nice

Though I don't have exceptions for them to happen, considering how the movie was announced at the last minute and was poorly marketed. Still was able to rack up sales, however. Thanks to fans helping advertise.

As for the Green Mail Car, the tooling can be an extremely handy kitbash.

Overall, I'm excited for Skarloey, Oliver, and Toad.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 12:51:14 AM by Nykrivas » Logged
MrBob

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2015, 05:59:40 AM »

Amazing pics looks like you had a good weekend
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2015, 10:49:06 PM »

Thank you everyone for your positive feedback, I am glad to see that everyone liked these pictures too!  Happy to share these with everyone on the forum, it was a great weekend for sure looking back. 

And yes Nykrivas I definitely agree that Thomas and James in the Adventure Begins livery would have been a lot nicer, than the design for the Celebration Thomas.  That being said, I feel this may be a one time thing from Bachmann since they usually haven't made products like this before, and it definitely looks a lot more like a model people would keep on display rather than running around on layouts.  The metallic blue paint is especially what makes me think that. 

Thomasfan39

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2015, 09:54:12 AM »

Chaz, did the Bachmann mention anything about the square water tower?
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2015, 09:16:54 PM »

I didn't ask about the square water tower, if it was there I would have taken a picture of it too.
Metal

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2015, 02:20:37 PM »

Just a thought.

Does anyone think an HO/OO Winston would be possible? I know there' some that say Winston would only work in LS.
But Bachmann is releasing the Wickham Trolley Cars for their Branchline Range

Winston IS a Wickham Trolley.

Chassis design is almost similar to Winston's.

Please give your thoughts  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 08:38:05 PM by Nykrivas » Logged
DinoNTrains

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2015, 06:55:52 PM »

If they did, I doubt Winston's eyes would move because he's so small. But that's just me.

Bachmann never ceases to amaze me Smiley
Len

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2015, 05:38:25 AM »

Maybe use a slot car motor & drive line for Winston. Or the mechanism from an E-Z Street sedan on a smaller chassis.

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 59 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: