STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 10:56:25 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 183541 times)
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #870 on: November 05, 2017, 11:45:25 AM »

I might end up getting Hornby's Percy in the long run since he's gotten easier to find online and his 2015 model has a near-perfect tooling. I'm not sure if Hornby models can be operated by Bachmann controllers, but I do know that HO Scale and OO Scale use the same track type. Hopefully, he won't be too big.
I do own the older model of Percy, which to my knowledge is just a different colour with little-to-no tooling differences to the 2015 Hornby one. The model of Percy I had does look oversized next to a Bachmann Thomas (he's a little taller and is longer than Bachmann Thomas), the motor runs way too fast, and is a little too light for its own good. He threw himself off the tracks once when I tried to find his top-speed. Also the valve gear is...basic, when compared to Bachmann's model. I will say it has positives. But we are discouraged from comparing Bachmann products to those of other companies on this board, as they don't have representatives that can respond adequately. Also Hornby engines will run fine on Bachmann controllers Smiley

I'll happily remove this post if anyone considers it to cross any lines.

~Alex

I'm still a relatively new member to the forum, so I was unaware of that rule. I apologize for bringing up the comparison without permission. Lips Sealed

I might have needed this post since not too many people go in-depth on either Percy model. I generally don't put model trains at top speed, but I'll still be careful with him. I know there are a fair amount of flaws with Hornby Percy, though I have seen a few people own broken Bachmann Percy models and if I try to find his HO version online, I mostly end up seeing his Large Scale version for sale (which is a good option, but it needs a lot of money).
Since I kinda dislike the Thomas model and the rest of the cast is hard to buy, Percy might end up being the only Hornby model I get from their Thomas range. I've always preferred Bachmann's lineup over Hornby's, especially since they're the first to make Mavis and Donald & Douglas. Smiley

I hope everyone else on the forum can respect my decision. If not, I can remove my posts relating to it and everything will be fine.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 11:51:44 AM by Falcon » Logged
PasqualeCS96

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: November 10, 2017, 10:07:09 AM »

Forgive me for the obscure question but would an ERTL George be fitting for an HO layout? I found a few listings on Amazon and I am considering purchasing one
Plow Bender

If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it...

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 10, 2017, 11:34:32 AM »

ERTL George isn't a bad choice for an HO layout, but I'd recommend the Bandai model if you can find it.  The only problem with Bandai is that the range has been discontinued since 2005 and they're starting to become hard to find.  I think you can still find George though, but you'll pay a lot more than you would for an ERTL one.  Personally I say you're getting your moneys worth with Bandai, but that's just my opinion.

-Rusty

"Difficult things take time.  Impossible things take a little longer."
PasqualeCS96

View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 12, 2017, 02:30:30 PM »

Thank you Plow Bender! I have searched for the Bandai but it is hard to find; will probably go with the ERTL
angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: November 14, 2017, 05:39:05 AM »

If having ERTL vehicles are the same sizes or close to it. I still have Bertie, Terence, and Bulgy but I do need another Harold and Trevor.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: