STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2017, 10:44:58 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 59 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 183122 times)
the Bach-man
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2015, 11:26:15 PM »

Dear All,
As the previous thread has lasted five years(!) I have deleted it as it was obviously using too much space.
You may re-post any recent thoughts you deem necessary.
Have fun!
the Bach-man
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 02:06:58 AM »

Always good for a fresh start, that thread was way over 200 pages long so it was time for it to go.

I was just about to post earlier that it looks like that the red coaches are finally shipping based on a post I saw on Bachmann's Facebook page.  Hopefully mine will come in soon too as I do plan on posting pictures when they come in. Smiley
thomasj219

Thomas Will Be Coming Down Our Track Forever!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 04:11:17 PM »

Wow! Can't believe it. Five years. Feels like yesterday. Time for a new chapter and some new coaches.... Roll Eyes Wink

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Daisy, Harvey.
Metal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 09:08:28 PM »

I've been peeking on this forum on and off for a long time. But it wasn't until last year until I've joined Smiley
Glad to be a part of it.

For the Red Coaches, at last bland-generic coaches Tongue

This year is a great year for Thomas fans,
-Bachmann Oliver, and Skarloey,.
-S18-19,
-Adventure Begins
-Lost Treasure.
-Arlesdale Engines introduced in the TV Series for the first time,
-Celebrities like Eddie Redmayne and John Hurt joining the voice cast.

I don't think I'll be getting Red Coaches at this time, considering that I've spent alot on my wardrobe. Huh?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 09:26:05 PM by Nykrivas » Logged
Anthony P2

this Doctor doesn't shut railways down

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 02:29:58 PM »

they have been. that's what the Bach-man was explaining
Metal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 11:49:45 AM »

Not ALL of them, probably the ones from 4-6 years ago would work best.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 01:37:48 PM »

I don't see it as that much of a big deal to be completely honest.  I'll admit that if a lot of the old threads were deleted then nothing would change, and the same could be said if they were kept.  I think it's a decision that should be best left to moderators as they have been responsible for deleting posts, threads, or even member's accounts in the appropriate situation.  

Changing the subject though, the NMRA is coming to my town next week.  I will be there with my model railroad club and I will also have a chance to visit with Bachmann as well as their staff.  If any of the new products are on display, or if there are any surprise announcements, I will be sure to take some pictures and share them with everyone. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 02:48:33 PM by Chaz » Logged
thomasj219

Thomas Will Be Coming Down Our Track Forever!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 10:59:11 AM »

Please do. I always really look forward to that, a sort of half way to the announcements surprise.

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Daisy, Harvey.
TTTEfan1992

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 03:58:26 PM »

Chaz, will the NMRA reveal the new Bachmann Thomas products that were announced this year by next week? What all will you know by the NMRA?
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 04:27:56 PM »

Chaz, will the NMRA reveal the new Bachmann Thomas products that were announced this year by next week? What all will you know by the NMRA?

Whichever products Bachmann announces this year that make it to the NMRA are usually the ones that get released by Christmas, those that are not on display are usually not out til the next year.  At least, this is the consistent pattern that I have noticed when Bachmann displays products at the NMRA.  

And on a completely different note... The Red Coaches!  

I am so happy that these finally came in the mail today!  Immediately I opened them and put them on the layout and let them go for a run with a few of my engines.  Yes, they are repaints of Annie and Clarabel, but they are still very impressive even with the new roofs that have been added to them.  Yes, the roofs are black like how they have been in the CG era, but with a repaint the problem is fixable if you are bothered.  Personally I'm going to keep mine the way they are, since the models themselves look stunning as they are.  I'm also really happy that this is the only model range to produce these coaches, and that alone is what makes believe that they will be good sellers!

What wins me over the red coaches more than anything else are the details added to the brake coach.  The windows especially get an A in my book, and I really love how these have turned out in the end.

The red coaches might be one of the more simple projects we have seen compared to other products announced in the range, but considering the quality these came in they are easily some of my favorite rolling stock to date.  They seem to make up for some of the more disappointing additions like TT #4 or the ice cream wagon.  If you are either a new collector, or even an older Thomas fan, these are highly recommended by me either way and are an absolute must for Thomas modelers.  

They especially look great behind most of the engines too, as they have in the television show.

As long as engines remember to get coupled up to them of course!  

But overall, despite the delay I can honestly say that the red coaches were worth the purchase and I may consider getting another coach for the train.  Bachmann have once again outdone themselves, and with Oliver and Toad on the way, I don't doubt that we will see more great products from them in the near future. Smiley

Thank you Bachmann!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 05:50:37 PM by Chaz » Logged
TTTEfan1992

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2015, 05:20:02 PM »

So Oliver, Toad, and the narrow gauge stock might be revealed next week? According to the Diesel Works, Oliver, Toad, and the narrow gauge stock are due for a November release, and the Diesel Works is adding them to the Diesel Works website on a pre-order basis in just next month September. So what I've just told you,  do you know that if Oliver, Toad, and the narrow gauge stock will be in display at the NMRA next week?
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2015, 05:48:43 PM »

I don't know what will or won't make it on display yet, the NMRA won't be for another week and I won't be able to find out until then.  Like I said, I'll take pictures if I see something noteworthy, if they don't have on display it will be a while before they're out. 

I am confident that the NG stock and new resin buildings will be up.  But I am not sure about Skarloey, the large scale stuff, or Oliver and Toad or anything else yet.  Either way, I'll keep you everyone posted when the times comes. 

To quote the Bach-man: Anticipate! Wink
MrBob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2015, 04:42:46 AM »

They look great, looking forward to getting mine in a few weeks!
JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 12:30:29 AM »

Cool! Smiley
Metal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 01:36:12 PM »

I'm getting 3 composites and 1 brake for Edward.

In other words.
Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure is released on Itunes in the US, August 25th.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 10:54:22 AM by Nykrivas » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 59 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: