STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 09:56:58 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 59 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 185732 times)
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2015, 09:24:27 AM »

Dear All,
As the previous thread has lasted five years(!) I have deleted it as it was obviously using too much space.
You may re-post any recent thoughts you deem necessary.
Have fun!
the Bach-man
I'd just like to take a moment to appreciate that...the thread that preceded it only lasted about 40-50 pages if I'm not mistaken (?) and it was deleted for devolving into a bickering match, so I would personally like to say good on us (being everyone who posted in the most recently deleted thread), as we maintained it for 5 long years, good job to all involved I say.

I would also like to say the Red Coaches look fantastic by the way. The windows on that brake coach really are amazing, can anyone tell me the differences between the model era Red Coaches and CGI era coaches? As I recall a difference with the roof colouring being mentioned, are there any other key differences?

With kind regards
~Alex
MrBob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2015, 04:00:56 PM »

the roofs were white and in season 3 (not sure about other seasons) they have double windowless doors on the brake coach

JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 09:56:37 AM »

I just want to wish you best of luck MrBob! Smiley
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 12:15:53 PM »

the roofs were white and in season 3 (not sure about other seasons) they have double windowless doors on the brake coach

Ah, thank you for clearing that up Smiley
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2015, 04:07:45 PM »

Hello everyone! 

I am here at the show right now and I managed to speak with some representatives from Bachmann (including the Bach-man).  It's only been day one of the show and already I have something to share with everyone... Prototype Skarloey model pics!

The Bach-man even let me hold him!

More pictures from the show coming soon!
Metal

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 05:06:32 PM »

Wow that looks like the size of a the Ertl Skarloey. Shocked
It would probably be interesting if you brought an Ertl (or Take-n-Play) for a comparison. Tongue
BTW, any tooling of Oliver, Toad, and even Winston out of curiosity?

Can't Wait for them, but probably should go for the Red Coaches first.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 05:16:48 PM by Nykrivas » Logged
TTTEfan1992

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2015, 06:58:23 PM »

Shocked OMG! Is that Bachmann Skarloey?!
Anthony P2

this Doctor doesn't shut railways down

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2015, 07:09:42 PM »

*tears up* it's beautiful! Any word on a release date?
Sparks

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2015, 08:30:17 PM »

I think the most interesting part is the models rivets aren't patterend after the CGI model, they're patterned after the real Talyllyn.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2015, 10:26:17 PM »

The funny thing is the Bachmann rep mentioned that there will be more details added to the model too, and of course the paintwork as well!  Today was a great day down at the NMRA, and I had an absolute blast.  Of course, there are only two days left and my club and I will still be there running trains.  Looking forward to more run-ins with Bachmann this weekend.

I am really happy that everyone likes the Skarloey pictures! Smiley

Regarding the questions though:

BTW, any tooling of Oliver, Toad, and even Winston out of curiosity?

These products are currently delayed and will not be out by 2016.  This is confirmed by a Bachmann representative I spoke with.  

He also said that it is not a safe bet to talk about James being redone in 2017 since things change in production (since this was originally due in 2015 but was put off til later).  I think it is best that it is best to wait until photos of the model itself are revealed to confirm the changes, since revisions usually come in unannounced.  

*tears up* it's beautiful! Any word on a release date?

The release date for Skarloey and the stock December 2015, just in time for Christmas.  
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 10:47:50 PM by Chaz » Logged
TTTEfan1992

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2015, 11:33:40 PM »

Chaz, is it possible that you will see Bachmann Oliver, and Bachmann Toad at the NMRA tomorrow, or Sunday? What do you mean released till 2016? You mean late in the year next year?
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2015, 12:26:54 AM »

I will not be able to see them at any of the other upcoming shows this weekend.  These are products that will take more time for them to make and will not be released until 2016.  I do not know an exact date for that year but I would assume around the summer of next year since this is generally when delayed products come out.
TTTEfan1992

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2015, 12:37:43 AM »

2016 right? Not 2017?
BassTbone

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2015, 01:28:40 PM »

I will not be able to see them at any of the other upcoming shows this weekend.  These are products that will take more time for them to make and will not be released until 2016.  I do not know an exact date for that year but I would assume around the summer of next year since this is generally when delayed products come out.
Chaz, the minimum radius for Skarloey is 11''.  You think he could navigate anything tighter?
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2015, 04:07:08 PM »

2016 right? Not 2017?

Yes, Oliver, Toad, and Winston will be out in 2016.

Chaz, the minimum radius for Skarloey is 11''.  You think he could navigate anything tighter?

I just asked the Bach-man this question for you today at the show, and he told me that he can go a 9 3/4 inch radius.

Will upload more pictures tomorrow night. Smiley 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 04:10:43 PM by Chaz » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 59 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: