STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 24, 2018, 07:32:27 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 62 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 213936 times)
DinoNTrains

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: May 11, 2017, 06:31:01 PM »

Has anyone else seen the new trailer for Journey Beyond Sodor? I personally think the film is going to be one of the best specials yet!

And who else was surprised to see more freight cars/trucks with faces!?! Who knows, a potential future Troublesome Truck for Bachmann's range?

Bachmann never ceases to amaze me Smiley
donaldthescottishtwin

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: May 11, 2017, 08:20:40 PM »

Just another long toy commercial.
MeganekkoFury1126

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: May 11, 2017, 11:54:24 PM »

I for one really like the looks of the new characters.
Merlin in particular has a really cool prototype with an interesting history on its own.
I'm glad that Thomas is continuing to cast more 'adult program' actors since Tale of the Brave and Lost Treasure, because it gives the characters some more life, in my opinion, and gives us older fans something else to appreciate about them. Hugh Bonneville really seems to be having fun with his role.

I'm glad that the special is focusing on James, too. I might've preferred another Steam Team member like Edward or Gordon, but James will certainly do, and the scenes with him look stellar, as does the action in general.

Though, two things felt a little off putting. The animation in some areas doesn't look complete. Some colors look way too glossy when they should be duller, and others don't have complete shading. I think they'll smooth out those issues when the movie is complete.

The other one, and this is one EVERYONE is very against, is the way the trains shake and move on their own whenever they talk. I'll admit, it does feel very uncanny - especially since this is something I'd see in Pixar's Cars, not Thomas - but it's not something that I think will ruin the film.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: May 21, 2017, 04:48:12 PM »

And yet you didn't even bother to include any new rolling stock for narrow gauge on your fantasy list.

Griffin

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: May 21, 2017, 05:05:01 PM »

I'm more angry that Sam gets a model but not Logan or Dustin?? Darn you Bachmann1!!!111!! Angry Angry

Waiting for Bachmann Stepney...
Anthony P2

this Doctor doesn't shut railways down

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: May 22, 2017, 03:36:39 PM »

I'm more angry that Sam gets a model but not Logan or Dustin?? Darn you Bachmann1!!!111!! Angry Angry

Bachmann never said they were making Sam as he is a wooden railway only character...
donaldthescottishtwin

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 22, 2017, 04:09:34 PM »

Bachmann never said they were making Sam as he is a wooden railway only character...

The joke just flew over your head.
Anthony P2

this Doctor doesn't shut railways down

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 23, 2017, 11:33:23 AM »

The joke just flew over your head.

Sorry. Haven't checked the board in a while. Hard to tell a joke from seriousness when you can't hear the tone of which it was said. Especially in this fanbase... Roll Eyes

Anyway... I'm excited for the new special! Especially after learning about the special guest star! I'm defiantly looking more forward to this one than TGR. Wasn't a big fan of the fact that it was going to  be a musical but it grew on me after realizing the songs weren't bad. There was a lot of thought put them as opposed to the Eggplant songs! as for the "hopping" of the characters now, well ,that will probably grow on me. After all, they did it with the off-rail characters (like Kevin, the Pack, Butch, etc.). I figured it would only be a matter of time when they did it to the engines.
TrainshockeylifE

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: June 18, 2017, 08:28:03 AM »

I found a custom shell of Rex for z scale. I'm not sure if anyone would want it so I just wanted to post it.
   http://m.ebay.com/itm/Shapeways-River-Esk-2-8-2-Z-Scale-Unfinished-Custom-Rex-Thomas-And-Friends-/263034617005?hash=item3d3e15bcad%3Ag%3AvpkAAOSwrfVZPzyz&_trkparms=pageci%253A19a77c96-5421-11e7-b396-74dbd1809741%257Cparentrq%253Abb2986bf15c0aa668e9a3f72fffc5be3%257Ciid%253A14
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 22, 2017, 04:51:18 PM »

I'm honestly surprised no one has bought that yet since you posted that.  All things considered, even with the option of making an offer, that's a pretty good deal.  I would have picked that up myself if it weren't for the fact that I don't own any z scale track and don't have plans to model miniature gauge.
TrainshockeylifE

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 23, 2017, 08:14:35 AM »

I'm honestly surprised no one has bought that yet since you posted that.  All things considered, even with the option of making an offer, that's a pretty good deal.  I would have picked that up myself if it weren't for the fact that I don't own any z scale track and don't have plans to model miniature gauge.

It's not mine,I just found it on eBay.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 23, 2017, 08:29:20 AM »

Right, that's what I was referring to since you made the post sharing the link on here a couple of days ago. Tongue
Griffin

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: July 10, 2017, 05:10:47 PM »

Probably off-topic, but why are the red coaches (not brake!) out of stock everywhere? Is bachmann just waiting for a new shipment or is something else amiss?

Waiting for Bachmann Stepney...
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: July 10, 2017, 05:45:51 PM »

I would imagine that the reason why these are selling out more than the brake coaches is more people would typically buy more of the standard red coaches and one, possibly two red brake coaches.  The good news though is that because they are popular sellers and easy enough for Bachmann to make, I'm sure they will be producing more of them soon, when a new batch would be out though is hard to say.  If you need them urgently, eBay has a few listings of them but at steep prices.
PasqualeCS96

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: July 24, 2017, 03:13:50 PM »

Has anyone seen any videos or reviews of Bachmann Rosie since her release?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 62 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: