STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 02:05:27 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 185819 times)
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: October 19, 2017, 08:43:57 PM »

If Bachmann makes Daisy, she would be smaller than the Bachmann UK Class 101 DMU. Bachmann would make a new tooling for her.

Here's my updated 2018 prediction for HO Scale:

Daisy
Explosives Van
Water Tanker
Spiteful Brakevan

This is 100% pure speculation. Will 2018 be the year Daisy finally gets announced? We'll find out in four months. That question won't be answered until then. Hopefully, we get Peter Sam for HOn30 Scale.

There's a very good chance Rheneas will get released in time for Christmas, but with a limited amount. There hasn't been a single update regarding Rusty, Paxton, or any other product announced this year, so we definitely can't count on Rusty or Paxton being released by Christmas.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: October 20, 2017, 01:54:08 AM »

At this point, the only things I can see making it out by Christmas are Rheneas and the large scale spiteful brake van.  All the other products that got announced this year will probably be out in 2018.
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: October 20, 2017, 02:07:47 PM »

Bachmann would most likely save Sidney for the next time they absolutely have to do another recolor.

Again, they did manage to announce Rosie when Oliver was delayed, and both engines required new toolings. Not only that, but they were both steam engines. Even though Paxton is delayed, we'll most likely see his image in the 2018 catalog, meaning his model would be done, and just needs to get released. I'm highly confident Bachmann can still announce an engine with a new tooling, like Daisy.

Oliver was in demand for years, and he eventually got a Bachmann model. Daisy's been in the CGI series since 2015, and in the past two seasons, she's had more starring roles than any other returnee character, at least in the CGI series. Daisy would be the first bogied diesel in the Bachmann Thomas range, but I'm not worried. She's really not too big, like Diesel 10, whose claw would breech the NMRA standards. Daisy would not breech the standards. I know I've said this many times already, but Daisy currently has the most demand. If it keeps up, Bachmann might make her. However, it is not certain she will be announced. It could be Sidney instead, and he's also had more appearances and starring roles.

Since Oliver and Rosie still hadn't been released at the time, it was no surprise they announced Paxton. I definitely plan on buying him.

The 2018 announcements are four months away, so we need to be patient. Only time will tell. Good things come to those who wait.

I know this topic is getting repetitive from me, but I don't know what else I can talk about here that's interesting. At least it's not like that other topic. *cough*"Redesigned James"*cough* Daisy is something that's actually worth talking about.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 03:32:26 PM by TrainFan97 » Logged
Rickenbacker 325

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: October 20, 2017, 07:14:41 PM »

I didn't know this was the 2018 predictions thread  Wink

Anyway, since this is Everything Thomas, I decided to come up with a layout for our club that would utilize Bachmann Thomas and Friends engines and rolling stock. I was at The Great Berea Train show near Cleveland over the last weekend and a guy had a booth of all bachmann products. All his Thomas items were 50% (and sometimes more) off retail. I found Diesel with the paint error and he said he would do $50! So i got a collection separate of my personal collection for this layout. I want to incorporate all of bachmann's locations along with have at least 4 trains running. Maybe a back and forth section? I want to base it off of the layout at Drayton Manor but 1/4th the size and new locations. Engines I am think of getting are Thomas, Percy, Edward, Toby, Rosie and James. Smaller engines since we dont have the room to do anything over maybe 18". Rolling stock would be anything honestly. Any ideas would help.
Metal

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: October 20, 2017, 07:20:09 PM »

Why don't we take it over here then?

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,33422.210.html
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: October 20, 2017, 11:55:43 PM »

I didn't know this was the 2018 predictions thread  Wink

No need to say teasy things. I was the last person to post on the actual 2018 thread, and I just didn't want to double-post, so I thought I could talk about it here, since this is the Everything Thomas Thread.

If anyone wants to, you can carry on the Sidney or Daisy conversation over there.

I do silly things when I'm embarrassed.  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 12:01:52 AM by TrainFan97 » Logged
Sparks

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: October 23, 2017, 04:59:58 PM »

Interesting to note that I'm noticing fewer and fewer vendors have a Bachmann James in-stock. Even eBay seems to have less units ready to purchase than usual. As I'm writing this, some of my usual go-to websites in general seem to be low on Bachmann Thomas stock, such as The Favorite Spot.
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: October 23, 2017, 05:10:46 PM »

Very interesting. Huh?
Metal

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: October 23, 2017, 09:06:56 PM »

This has happened before when I've came across this a few years back, when I had to backorder a second James, considering my first one broke. It shouldn't be anything to worry about. James is one of Bachmann's top selling engines in the Thomas range, so I don't think they would discontinue him.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 09:08:30 PM by Metal » Logged
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: October 23, 2017, 10:09:49 PM »

Considering James is a main character, it's no surprise he's a bestseller.

Salty sold poorly, and that caused him to be discontinued. There's no demand to bring him back, so we can't expect that to happen. At least I got him three years ago.

They'd probably discontinue 'Arry and Bert next, since they haven't been good sellers, and they've only been out for three years. Wow! It's been three years already since the release of 'Arry and Bert. I remember anxiously waiting for them to get released, and instantly welcomed them to my collection. They would have sold better if only they weren't portrayed as childish pranksters from Season 6 onwards... People would've liked the characters more.

We have another Diesel recolor on the horizon. Since Paxton is much more likeable as a character, he should definitely sell better.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 10:14:00 PM by TrainFan97 » Logged
JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 02, 2017, 09:52:04 PM »

They have now gotten rid of Toby from the steam team! Blast Mattel to oblivion!
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: November 04, 2017, 12:41:45 PM »

If Toby's out of the main cast, I'll need to buy him sooner than later...  Undecided

A Large Scale Salty wouldn't be a bad idea since his size is acceptable for the range and he's had plenty of roles in recent CGI seasons, but it might never happen since his poor-selling HO model has been discontinued for quite some time. At the end of the day, I'd rather see Mavis in the Large Scale lineup even though she hasn't had as much representation, but I'd accept the idea of a Large Scale Salty if Bachmann ever announces him.

I've owned my James model for a very long time and while I'm a big fan of him, I'm not sure if it would be worth buying a repaint of a character that is already owned. Nonetheless, I'd be open for seeing a redesign of him or Percy. If I had to choose one over the other, it would be Percy since he's been needing many updates to his design.
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: November 04, 2017, 07:08:41 PM »

Out of the three original models, Percy needs it the most, since his tooling has a lot of problems. The fact that James and Percy haven't been in stock for ages does sound suspicious, but remember, in order for Bachmann to update a product, it has to be approved by Mattel. I still wouldn't expect it happening, since Thomas' HO model was quite unchanged, but we'll have to wait and see. Revisions to products happen unannounced. For example: Oil Tanker and Mail Car, but those were rolling stock. It's still unlikely redesigns would ever happen, since fans have wanted them for many years, and they still never happened. Maybe Mattel will allow it, but I don't know. It's really uncertain. Don't get your hopes up.
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: November 04, 2017, 11:55:00 PM »

Out of the three original models, Percy needs it the most, since his tooling has a lot of problems. The fact that James and Percy haven't been in stock for ages does sound suspicious, but remember, in order for Bachmann to update a product, it has to be approved by Mattel. I still wouldn't expect it happening, since Thomas' HO model was quite unchanged, but we'll have to wait and see. Revisions to products happen unannounced. For example: Oil Tanker and Mail Car, but those were rolling stock. It's still unlikely redesigns would ever happen, since fans have wanted them for many years, and they still never happened. Maybe Mattel will allow it, but I don't know. It's really uncertain. Don't get your hopes up.

I won't really get my hopes up at all. I would still accept any announcement they have in relation, but I won't expect anything for the next two years.

I might end up getting Hornby's Percy in the long run since he's gotten easier to find online and his 2015 model has a near-perfect tooling. I'm not sure if Hornby models can be operated by Bachmann controllers, but I do know that HO Scale and OO Scale use the same track type. Hopefully, he won't be too big.
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: November 05, 2017, 12:37:46 AM »

I might end up getting Hornby's Percy in the long run since he's gotten easier to find online and his 2015 model has a near-perfect tooling. I'm not sure if Hornby models can be operated by Bachmann controllers, but I do know that HO Scale and OO Scale use the same track type. Hopefully, he won't be too big.
I do own the older model of Percy, which to my knowledge is just a different colour with little-to-no tooling differences to the 2015 Hornby one. The model of Percy I had does look oversized next to a Bachmann Thomas (he's a little taller and is longer than Bachmann Thomas), the motor runs way too fast, and is a little too light for its own good. He threw himself off the tracks once when I tried to find his top-speed. Also the valve gear is...basic, when compared to Bachmann's model. I will say it has positives. But we are discouraged from comparing Bachmann products to those of other companies on this board, as they don't have representatives that can respond adequately. Also Hornby engines will run fine on Bachmann controllers Smiley

I'll happily remove this post if anyone considers it to cross any lines.

~Alex
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 05:29:02 AM by AJW98Productions » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: