STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 17, 2018, 11:38:23 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 211035 times)
PasqualeCS96

View Profile
« Reply #870 on: November 12, 2017, 02:30:30 PM »

Thank you Plow Bender! I have searched for the Bandai but it is hard to find; will probably go with the ERTL
angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: November 14, 2017, 05:39:05 AM »

If having ERTL vehicles are the same sizes or close to it. I still have Bertie, Terence, and Bulgy but I do need another Harold and Trevor.
HLC Railroad

Steam Locomotive Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 21, 2017, 09:58:56 AM »

Hello everyone, I was just checking around the web and found that this shapeways store has snowplows for the engines. There's many different kinds and all the need is paint. Just thought I should share as this is something I know I've been wanting for a while.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/elsbridge-model-shop?section=&sort=pricelh&page%5Bnumber%5D=1&page%5Blimit%5D=48&page%5Border%5D=asc

Speaking of paint, does anyone know what color the main Blue, Green and Red lining are if I were to want to paint these plows to match the color of the engines? If not then I'll just do what they did on some of the original plows, and get a general color on there and then add a silvery metallic layer kind of like what's seen in this picture.

Edit: So I also found a few videos from the creator of these things, and if attached correctly they apparently actually work. He tested it with ballast it looks like so if you wanted to have them push "snow" out of the way then I'm sure they could. https://mobile.twitter.com/ElsbridgeP/status/920119898331791360/video/1
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 10:58:07 AM by HLC Railroad » Logged

A Small Railroad for All Locomotives, well except for those Amtrak locos that never get anyone to their destination on time.
PasqualeCS96

View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 24, 2017, 01:55:20 PM »

I ended up with Ertl George. While I was at it also got Caroline, Lorry 2, Lorry 3, and the Sodor Soft Side Truck, thought they’d be good additions to the layout to go along my Ertl Trevor.
HLC Railroad

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: November 24, 2017, 11:36:00 PM »

So someone found this old life sized last prop and it's in a bad shape, but for sale, so someone wants to purchase and restore her to her former glory. Here's the gofundme page. It's apparently "Trending"!

https://www.gofundme.com/restore-the-magic-large-lady-prop
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 12:42:23 AM by HLC Railroad » Logged

A Small Railroad for All Locomotives, well except for those Amtrak locos that never get anyone to their destination on time.
Griffin

View Profile
« Reply #875 on: November 25, 2017, 08:40:13 PM »

i have donated and i suggest anyone who is able do so as well. It's rare that Thomas fans have the chance to save something so amazing from our history.

Waiting for Bachmann Stepney...
HLC Railroad

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: November 25, 2017, 09:29:13 PM »

i have donated and i suggest anyone who is able do so as well. It's rare that Thomas fans have the chance to save something so amazing from our history.

Indeed, I can't myself due to a medical emergency in my family and the holidays, but that's why I'm spreading the word. Just to hopefully answer a few questions, she does, in fact, run. She'll run perfectly when she gets a new chain to keep her wheels in line. The team is also trying to find out if they can truly advertise her as the movie prop, and if they can add back the smokebox door, her face, her lamps, whistle, dome, bunker, etc. It is said that most of this can be done with wood, which is what she's made mostly out of.

While we're on the topic of lady, wouldn't it be amazing if they brought her back in CGI! Someone already made a cgi model of her, which plenty of people thought was official, and it looked amazing. Maybe this will trigger that to happen.

But regardless, we need to save this beautiful locomotive, or the person to purchase her may destroy her, or alter her to be nothing more than a road sign. It's almost like the original story of lady, she was destroyed and now she must be protected and repaired. So let's join together, stoke up the magic in the mountain so the lady may smile again.

Edit/Update: Lady's original paint colorwas preserved under the new paint!

This will make restoration much easier, she'll still need new paint in most places, but atleast we can match it now for sure, instead of guessing based on pictures! This is becoming a better and better piece.

Update #2: Lady is extremely close to being purchased. There was an excess of donations today including one for $1000. People are currently donating left and right to save such a monumental piece of Thomas and friends history. If you can, please do donate, as after they purchase her, she still needs to be moved and restored, and they still need more than $300 dollars to purchase her, they're just now extremely close! Thank you to anyone who donated. I'm going to continue to try to spread the word!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 10:29:26 PM by HLC Railroad » Logged

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: November 27, 2017, 01:38:50 AM »

I ordered Henrietta as a Christmas gift for one of my friends on eBay and after purchasing the model I noticed that it wouldn't get to my area until after Christmas in January. I ended up paying about 20 for it and 10 for shipping. It was either that, or one of these other lovely options…

Sparks

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: November 27, 2017, 01:51:55 AM »

Investigating their pages, they seem to be the same store, and none of their other Thomas stuff is listed that way. It's likely a typo.
HLC Railroad

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: November 27, 2017, 01:52:37 AM »

There's now enough funds to buy her, now they just need transportation and storage cost! Can't wait until she looks like her old self!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 01:57:14 AM by HLC Railroad » Logged

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #880 on: November 27, 2017, 02:11:38 AM »

Investigating their pages, they seem to be the same store, and none of their other Thomas stuff is listed that way. It's likely a typo.

That would make the most sense.  Interestingly I can't seem to find Henrietta anywhere else, but maybe Bachmann will be getting some new ones in soon.
TrainMan2001
This set seems awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #881 on: December 03, 2017, 12:59:24 AM »

Hey guys. I am planning on getting 6 more HO scale items, preferably an engine that can pull 12 pieces of rolling stock, and then 5 more pieces of rolling stock to go with it. Any suggestions?

Bachmann trains are awesome.
angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #882 on: December 03, 2017, 01:56:51 PM »

2 brake vans
6-8 open wagon trucks
3 ventilation vans
1/2 of each tank cars (fuel, milk, oil)
1/2 stock wagon

I hope this helps you with your selection of cars.
TrainshockeylifE

View Profile
« Reply #883 on: December 08, 2017, 03:20:17 PM »

Why does Bachmann charge $25 just to get Thomas and Friends engines buffers fixed?
Plow Bender

If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it...

View Profile
« Reply #884 on: December 08, 2017, 09:15:38 PM »

Why does Bachmann charge $25 just to get Thomas and Friends engines buffers fixed?

Try paying $75 just to have an LED replaced on a 1:20.3 Spectrum model. Roll Eyes

You HO boys have it easy compared to us large scale guys, so $25 is nothing.  Personally when I was in HO scale (and even now that I'm running large scale), I'd often pick up models just for parts wherever and whenever I could.  Sometimes you can find models that are only good for parts online and/or at swap meets, and most of the time for very reasonable prices.  You may think it's not worth having a bunch of junk/spare models laying around, but it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

One of the biggest reasons I've found to keep spares around is that over time (and I've seen this play out with large scale), Bachmann is going to discontinue certain products/parts and then you can't get them anymore.  However, if you've got a model(s) that have the parts you need on them, you'll have nothing to worry about if something ever gets lost or damaged.  It also pays to do the repairs yourself when/if you can rather than sending your model off to Bachman and paying a service charge plus shipping on top of that.  Personally if I was told I'd have to pay $25 to get a buffer replaced (depending on which model it was that's damaged), I'd probably be better off going out and buying a whole new model.

-Rusty

"Difficult things take time.  Impossible things take a little longer."
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: