STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 22, 2018, 06:24:32 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 212999 times)
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #900 on: December 20, 2017, 08:25:32 PM »

Does anyone think Daisy is deconfirmed?
thomasj219

Thomas Will Be Coming Down Our Track Forever!!

View Profile
« Reply #901 on: December 21, 2017, 02:28:58 PM »

Daisy was never “confirmed” to begin with.

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Daisy, Harvey.
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: December 22, 2017, 12:39:16 AM »

Daisy was never “confirmed” to begin with.

I never said she was confirmed. I was asking if anyone thinks she can't happen because of Mattel not seeing her as a marketable character.

Yes, I am fully aware the 2018 announcements are two months away. Whether or not Daisy gets announced, we won't know until then.
Sparks

View Profile
« Reply #903 on: December 22, 2017, 12:56:02 AM »

Imagine if we got a curveball out of the left field and Bachmann made Hurricane.
TerencetheTractor525

View Profile
« Reply #904 on: December 22, 2017, 03:38:34 PM »

In my eyes, the only way for a model to be "deconfirmed" is if it is not possible to be made due to size and/or cost. An example of this is a Large Scale Gordon.

At the end of day, I just hope that Bachmann can show Mattel how much we all want an HO Daisy.
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #905 on: December 22, 2017, 05:21:15 PM »

Mattel must allow Bachmann to make HO Daisy. She's been high in demand ever since her return in CGI.

Mattel may not think she's marketable, but if she gets made by Bachmann, she WILL have sales comparable to Oliver. Oliver hasn't even been out for a year yet, and he's very high on the bestsellers list.
Metal

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: December 22, 2017, 06:42:08 PM »

Mattel must allow Bachmann to make HO Daisy. She's been high in demand ever since her return in CGI.
Gee, well you've often the only one who's been screaming about her. Don't get me wrong, I like to see Daisy as much as every fan who loves the classic series. But yelling at the moderators as well the Bach-Man to try and get their attention over and over again, I doubt is going to increase the chances of her being announced. Give it a rest for awhile, it really won't make a difference.

I get it with people freaking out over the change with BWBA. Yes, I'm upset with it as much as everyone else. However I say give it a couple years and I bet you the show will go back normal, especially with the 75th anniversary. Who knows perhaps Edward and Henry will return to Tidmouth Sheds?
I bet this so-called change will die out before Bachmann even considers getting to Nia or Rebecca, which I doubt these characters will make it into the range.

Alright, now off to do my last-minute Christmas shopping.
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #907 on: December 22, 2017, 11:02:49 PM »

Gee, well you've often the only one who's been screaming about her. Don't get me wrong, I like to see Daisy as much as every fan who loves the classic series. But yelling at the moderators as well the Bach-Man to try and get their attention over and over again, I doubt is going to increase the chances of her being announced. Give it a rest for awhile, it really won't make a difference.

Sorry. I didn't mean to spam about Daisy. I have been giving it a rest for a little bit. I don't do it all the time. I try very hard not to overdo it. I guess I've been overdoing it. If I overdo it, it could ruin it for all of us.

When was I "yelling at the mods and the Bach-Man"? Proof?

Anyways, I'll be quiet about Daisy now. I'm really sorry if I've been bugging anyone. I was just the most vocal about it. I wasn't the only one talking about her.

Guess I did get a little carried away.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 11:39:41 PM by TrainFan97 » Logged
Plow Bender

If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it...

View Profile
« Reply #908 on: December 23, 2017, 01:20:59 PM »

I'll be the first to admit that all this "deconfirmed" BS is really starting to get old.  This nonsense has been going on ever since someone just had to bring up an email where Bachmann said they had no plans to make a large scale Mavis, and all of a sudden people want to start throwing out deconfirmed theories and accusations.  Welcome to Bachmann Forum 2017... Roll Eyes

Just like Mr. Thomasj219 pointed out, Daisy wasn't even confirmed in the first place, and furthermore the whole topic of Daisy even being announced has died down over the last couple months.  I think most of this may have to do with expectations being low, considering there's been no recent news on Paxton which could mean he's been delayed and this could hinder the chance of another engine character being announced till 2019.  That's just my thoughts on that deal.

In addition, I'll agree with Mr. TerrencetheTractor525 that a model/character can't be deconfirmed unless it's either too large or too expensive (or both) to be made, but even that sometimes doesn't hold true.  Keep in mind that for years many people believed that narrow gauge didn't have a chance because the models we're too small and yet it's proven to be the best selling Thomas range that Bachmann has introduced.  Mr. Spark's post also makes a good point, but I think Hurricane is a little over the top.  Personally I'd see Bachmann introducing someone like Philip or Porter if they're going to make a new tooling.  Isn't that right Rosie?  Roll Eyes

I think at this point (considering the 2018 announcements are only 2 months away), the best thing to do is make suggestions and share your thoughts on what you'd like to see brought into the range and hang tight.  I know everyone has their wish lists of what they'd like to see from Bachmann, but there's a difference between potential and realistic.  Potentially Bachmann will make what fans ask for, realistically they'll make what Mattel approves.

-Rusty

"Difficult things take time.  Impossible things take a little longer."
Falcon
« Reply #909 on: December 23, 2017, 04:11:34 PM »

I'll be the first to admit that all this "deconfirmed" BS is really starting to get old.  This nonsense has been going on ever since someone just had to bring up an email where Bachmann said they had no plans to make a large scale Mavis, and all of a sudden people want to start throwing out deconfirmed theories and accusations.  Welcome to Bachmann Forum 2017... Roll Eyes

I didn't mean to start a "deconfirmed" uproar with that forum I made. I deeply apologize for the inconvenience that I began.

I guess events like this is the reason why I barely use forums.  Undecided
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 04:15:49 PM by Falcon » Logged
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #910 on: December 23, 2017, 06:19:36 PM »

I honestly was going to say something but it seemed clear to me that so many people got wrapped up in this debate that I kept quiet about it, but I figured now I'm going to speak up with my thoughts.

I agree that there is a lot going for Daisy.  She's a classic character in CGI, she's got a simple tooling to work with, she's had several starring roles and appearances in CGI, she would be the first large diesel in the range offering diversity in the range, and I wouldn't even rule out her being a female character making an impact on her being made considering Mattel's recent and upcoming track record.   

It's completely understandable why Daisy would work for the range, however, since her return in CGI she hasn't had a single toy made.  This is because, from an aesthetic standpoint, Daisy is not a marketable character.  Whether it's the fact that large diesels (with the exception of Diesel 10 with his claw) are not marketable or the fact that she looks like a green passenger car with a face to the average customer in a toy store.

Obviously many would argue that this wouldn't matter for model trains, and for the most part it probably wouldn't.  However for companies like Mattel this is a pretty big factor for when it comes to making these decisions.  Why else was Rosie picked over Daisy in last year's announcements?  She may be a mediocre character with an absolutely dull personality and really didn't deserve to be made by Bachmann, but to companies like Mattel she's aesthetically one who keeps having toys sell out and that was what got Mattel to suggest to Bachmann to make her over someone like Daisy.  Daisy easily would have sold better from Bachmann than Rosie and probably wouldn't have sparked controversy or had to deal with a livery change in order to not come off as a stereotype to kids and parents, but to companies, like Mattel, aesthetic designs are a really big deal.  The show can do one thing, but merchandise usually does another and it's clear that Mattel clearly has no idea what they're doing.  However Mattel always has the final say on what comes out with Bachmann and this one problem with Daisy is sadly a big one.

Don't get me wrong, I would love Daisy and I would be supportive of the model and would buy one, and I genuinely hope Bachmann can work around this.  Even if one merchandise line were to make Daisy I would put Bachmann into making it happen first.  Sadly a small colorful character is going to be a higher priority at this point to Mattel, so while I choose to remain somewhat hopeful for Daisy, my expectations will remain somewhat minimal.
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: December 23, 2017, 06:51:03 PM »

We didn't get a single update on Rosie until her image was revealed before this year's announcements.

Paxton's image will most likely get revealed around the 2018 announcements, and he may get released in summer, considering Bachmann's track record.

If we even get an engine announced for 2018, Sidney would be the most realistic option. I know releasing two Class 08 diesel shunters back-to-back wouldn't be the best idea, but we're trying to be realistic.
Sparks

View Profile
« Reply #912 on: December 24, 2017, 01:15:46 AM »

I think as long as fans continue to consistently show support and demand for Daisy, her being made is a possibility. It's how we got engines like Duck, Donald, Douglas, and Oliver after all.

I somewhat imagine Bachmann would be wise and save Sidney for a later year. If the economy goes bad again, or they need to cut back on resources, Sidney is a good fail-safe engine to announce. If they made Sidney so soon, that'd be it for re-using the class 08 tooling (as they would be out of other class 08 characters to recycle the tooling for).
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #913 on: December 24, 2017, 02:02:21 AM »

Bachmann can't make Splatter and Dodge, due to their lack of relevance; being obscure characters.

The mainland diesels (like Ulli) in the CGI series have no merchandise whatsoever. No promotion, or marketing.
angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: December 24, 2017, 06:56:14 PM »

Bachmann can't make Splatter and Dodge, due to their lack of relevance; being obscure characters.

The mainland diesels (like Ulli) in the CGI series have no merchandise whatsoever. No promotion, or marketing.

I totally forgot about those characters. They were with Diesel 10 in the Magic Railroad.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: