STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 19, 2018, 09:50:09 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Narrow Gauge Modeling Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Print
Author Topic: Narrow Gauge Modeling Thread  (Read 47883 times)
TrainshockeylifE

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 30, 2018, 08:05:53 PM »

Is anyone on this thread going to the Worlds Greatest Hobby show this coming weekend?
grandpuff

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 30, 2018, 10:58:34 PM »

Griffin:

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am also inspired by the work shown here by others.

I am not so sure about talented but more so just experienced. I have been building HO scale models for over 60 years now. Anyone would be expected to learn a few things over that many years, but thank you again for your comments. This project although HO scale is really working on an N scale mechanism and that has been very difficult indeed. The Mighty Mac project has been much harder than my Duke project.

I have just finished the final assembly of my Mighty Mac project and I am now trying to eliminate a small bind in one of the steamy boogies. I will post a few photos here soon and post a video as soon as I get the mechinism running freely. I have also started work on my Elsbridge open air coaches to go with Mighty Mac.

Thanks again,
Grandpuff

Grandpuff
angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 31, 2018, 01:32:35 AM »

Hey grand puff,

I have a model suggestion for you. I thought of Smudger that will go with your Duke. It said it has the same model as Rheneas.

Since Fearless Freddy will be quite a challenge. After your Mighty Mac project.
grandpuff

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 31, 2018, 01:09:59 PM »

Hello to All:

Here are a few photos of my completed Mighty Mac locomotive. The locomotive kit is from Langley Models in the UK. The power chassis is from a Bachmann N scale GP-50. The lining tape is by Line-O-Tape from Mega Hobby. The brass nameplates are from Narrow Planet also in the UK. I know that the series loco did not have nameplates but I have decided to add them anyway. This has been one of the most difficult projects I have ever attempted and definitely not for the inexperienced modeler.

Now I am working on 3 Elsbridge open air coaches to go with my Mighty Mac. The Peco coaches in the last photo are just place holders until I finish these. I may also consider building a set of the red coaches as well. Thank you all for your suggestions on what to do next, but after the coaches are done that will probably be it for this Winters projects. During the Spring, Summer, and Fall I spend most of my time at Train Mountain in Oregon running my 1/8th scale trains. If anyone is interested you can see my videos at my YouTube channel just search for RXRBILL.

Enjoy,
Grandpuff
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 03:36:56 PM by grandpuff » Logged

Grandpuff
angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 31, 2018, 06:46:55 PM »

The finished product looks amazing!!

I always wanted a build a 1/8 scale locomotive and freight cars. To bad I don't the skills, tools and thousands of dollars.

Enjoy your railroad trips in Oregon Grandpuff.
angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 06, 2018, 12:17:58 PM »

I received my first box van (blue) and one slate wagon. Next week I'll get the gondola in the mail to go with Skarloey and Rheneas.

I was a little disappointed about the size of the boxcar I thought it would be a little bigger/ longer than the slate car. I need more slate wagons probably 9 or 10.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 11, 2018, 10:45:47 PM »

My new project that I will work on soon is really going to Rock n' Roll!
angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 11, 2018, 11:25:18 PM »

That's so cool, to see Duncan. Looking forward to future installments.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: