STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 20, 2018, 02:03:45 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Bachmann Thomas & Friends in 2019
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print
Author Topic: Bachmann Thomas & Friends in 2019  (Read 13869 times)
TerencetheTractor525

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 29, 2018, 07:07:32 PM »

That being said, Bachmann should look seriously at the prices that their discontinued flatcar is going for on eBay. They have a huge untapped market there similar to the express coaches.

The same can be said for this guy Smiley. I apologize for sounding like a broken record, but the prices that the Hornby model are going for on eBay are astounding, as are the amount of people who are desperate to see Bachmann make him. Letís hope that Mattel wonít stop Bachmann from making a new HO loco that will wow all Thomas fans and be an outstanding seller, just as Duck and Oliver were.

Regarding narrow gauge, I have a feeling that Peter Sam will be the next loco. Yet, even if Duncan is next, I am confident that his model will be in proportion to Douglas (Duncanís basis).

In fact, the reason why Bachmann has taken so long to reveal Rusty may be that the prototype was based off the redesigned Midlander design, and was therefore given a red flag by Mattel, considering how different the shape of the model is from the television series model (the biggest notable difference being that the real life model presents the bottom half of the front protruding outward, making it impossible to incorporate the larger CGI face). I am not certain about this, but this may be a possible reason.

Going back to Duncan though, I firmly believe that the differences between Duncanís basis and his awful CGI render would not be as noticeable as Rustyís to Mattel (to avid fans like us, it would). Therefore, as long as the measurements of Douglas (Duncanís basis) were taken during the Talyllyn Railway visit, I am sure that we will be in luck when it comes to Duncan. 

However, as long as the narrow gauge range keeps on expanding with more locos, I really feel that Bachmann should consider making a narrow gauge engine shed for the resin building range.
JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2018, 08:49:06 AM »

Yeah, Iíd buy a Bachmann Stepney! Smiley
Metal

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 04, 2018, 08:47:06 PM »

I might actually but in the minority here, but I actually hope that Rusty is based off his TV design. While I do like his S4 face over his S5-12 face, I don't mind Rusty being full CGI.

Another interesting note is how Rusty's CGI render has more detail then Midlander's original design

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 04, 2018, 10:28:39 PM »

Personally I'm thinking that they will more likely go for the CG render, considering most of the marketing standards by Mattel.  Like Oliver, I can't hold it against Bachmann if they choose to go that route even if it isn't my personal preference.  Plus since it will most likely have the same quality that the Skarloey and Rheneas brought to us, I think Rusty will be a nice model once it's revealed, regardless of its design.
DucktheGWREngine08

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2018, 08:58:56 PM »

If they make another NG steam locomotive I really am hoping for Sir Handel or Peter Sam as I would love to see one of them made or both of them.
Metal

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2018, 08:35:02 PM »

Wonder if we'll get some generic open wagon for narrow gauge that resemble the ones on the show and not the Peco china clay ones.

If the Bachmann Skarloey Coaches become a hit, then I'd personally would like to these announced.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: