STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 08:13:38 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  New Acquisitions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: New Acquisitions  (Read 24082 times)
TrainMan2001
This set seems awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2016, 04:43:53 PM »

The coal wagon is pretty much the same weight and the coal is removable.

Bachmann trains are awesome.
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2016, 05:38:46 PM »

The coal wagon is pretty much the same weight and the coal is removable.

I like 77029 Coal Wagon with Load. I have bought 3 of them, as they are very nice. I take the coal load out too sometimes and then you get a nice Green Open Wagon.
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2016, 02:06:50 PM »

I now own x1 Bachmann Thomas & Friends 77018 Green Mail Car / Coach (Utility Wagon).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 08:01:30 PM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2016, 05:06:29 PM »

Jacob,how many thousands of dollars do I need to spend to catch up with you?Huh???Love those green mail cars!!!!!!!
UPTODAY

UPTODAY
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2016, 06:12:33 PM »

Jacob,how many thousands of dollars do I need to spend to catch up with you?Huh???Love those green mail cars!!!!!!!
UPTODAY

Why are you saying that? I haven't got any dollars as I use pounds, but I don't have many of those either!

Yes, the Green Mail Coaches (Utility Wagon's) are nice. I have decided I am going to get 2 more of them!
SportyPup
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2016, 07:55:19 PM »

Bachmann calls them "Green Mail Coaches" but I call them "Olive Utility Wagons."  I agree with other posters that Bachmann's word choice is more appealing to a general audience, but I think everyone here know what they really are Wink

As far as new acquisitions go, I spent my Christmas budget (plus just a tad more) on Skarloey and giving him a nice long train to pull.  I'll have to wait on the mail cars and anything else, but I mainly wanted to support Bachmann's latest venture and build my new N-Scale layout.

However, I did manage to get four blue open wagons in G scale at a very low price (less than 100 for all four) so I have that going too.  I agree that there can never be too many trucks on a Thomas layout
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2016, 08:19:05 PM »

Bachmann calls them "Green Mail Coaches" but I call them "Olive Utility Wagons."  I agree with other posters that Bachmann's word choice is more appealing to a general audience, but I think everyone here know what they really are Wink

As far as new acquisitions go, I spent my Christmas budget (plus just a tad more) on Skarloey and giving him a nice long train to pull.  I'll have to wait on the mail cars and anything else, but I mainly wanted to support Bachmann's latest venture and build my new N-Scale layout.

However, I did manage to get four blue open wagons in G scale at a very low price (less than 100 for all four) so I have that going too.  I agree that there can never be too many trucks on a Thomas layout

I agree Bachmann must have called them Mail Coaches to make them more appealing, but of course it is just a Utility Wagon. I have not looked at it of being an olive colour, but I suppose it an olive colour. Personally I would prefer to be as bright at the prototype image, but I still like it being an olive colour.

I am hoping to get Skarloey soon. Just a bit of advice is that rather venturing into the N Gauge track, I recommend you get PECO's OO-9 Gauge track this is what Bachmann's Thomas & Friends Narrow Gauge range is based off and it will be better if you buy the track in this range, rather than in the N Gauge range.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 08:22:05 PM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2016, 09:42:23 PM »

Jacob,I was complimenting your large collection,wondering what I would have to buy to equal your collection.We seem to have a language barrier.
LAYING TRACK
UPTODAY

UPTODAY
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2016, 04:06:21 AM »

Jacob,I was complimenting your large collection,wondering what I would have to buy to equal your collection.We seem to have a language barrier.
LAYING TRACK
UPTODAY

Oh, sorry about this Steve (UPTODAY). I do not mean to have a language barrier between me and you and is my Thomas & Friends Collection bigger than yours then?
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2016, 07:56:19 PM »

NEW !!!! #58743 JAMES THE RED ENGINE,he really runs great!!!and also#77048 milk tank car!!!!slowly building up my T&F collection!!

JUST SAYING
UPTODAY

UPTODAY
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2016, 07:58:21 PM »

NEW !!!! #58743 JAMES THE RED ENGINE,he really runs great!!!and also#77048 milk tank car!!!!slowly building up my T&F collection!!

JUST SAYING
UPTODAY

Congratulations on these new purchases Steve (UPTODAY). What do you think of James the Red Engine and the Tidmouth Milk Tanker?
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2016, 08:31:46 PM »

JAMES has a problem with the pilot truck wheels derailing coming into the switch points.Filing down the tip of the switch point helps,but not every time.the milk tanker has a very nice paint job!!!Tryed to get a glass of milk,but the tank was dry!!
UPTODAY

PS,thinking of putting weights on the pilot truck!!!

UPTODAY
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2016, 08:38:46 PM »

JAMES has a problem with the pilot truck wheels derailing coming into the switch points.Filing down the tip of the switch point helps,but not every time.the milk tanker has a very nice paint job!!!Tryed to get a glass of milk,but the tank was dry!!
UPTODAY

PS,thinking of putting weights on the pilot truck!!!

Oh, dear. I have heard there are number of faults on Bachmann James the Red Engine.

I like the 'trying to get a glass of milk out of Tidmouth Milk Tanker there! It is very funny Steve (UPTODAY)!

How many Bachmann Tidmouth Milk Tanker's do you own?
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2016, 08:50:15 PM »

Only have one milk tanker.Every time I buy one item ,Jacob buys three items.I will never catch up!!!!WHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UPTODAY

UPTODAY
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2016, 09:04:39 PM »

Only have one milk tanker.Every time I buy one item ,Jacob buys three items.I will never catch up!!!!WHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UPTODAY

Oh, I see what is happening. You want to buy as many items as I buy, Steve (UPTODAY)?

You need at lest one or two more Tidmouth Milk Tanker's.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: