STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 12:45:36 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  HO
| | |-+  ho vanderbilt tenders
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ho vanderbilt tenders  (Read 1407 times)
Joe T

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2016, 09:45:49 AM »

Is Bachmann going to do the vanderbilt tender again I need to find 2 or 3 of the medium ones dcc compatable.
gmhtrains

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 05:10:48 PM »

I support Joe T's desire for separate sale Vanderbilt tenders, but the preferences involve more than just medium length vsrsus shorty, and DC versus DCC. Another coal tender is worthless to those Pacific Coast modelers with oil-burning steam locomotives to keep fueled. I suspect that Bachmann  would respond sooner if the questions of length, fuel type and power source didn't have so many variables.

gmhtrains in Oregon
ryeguyisme

Heavy Mountain Steam

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 06:19:22 PM »

Sign me up for vanderbilt tenders

and a 16k gallon water buffalo tender for the N&W

Joe T

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 10:00:34 PM »

I am for any size tender small medium or large
Trainman203

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 04:45:26 PM »

Deep South roads west of the Mississippi and southwestern roads largely burned oil too.  Texas and Louisiana were, and still are, huge oil producers you should thank when you fill r up.

I have two of the medium oil bunker ones, wish I'd bought 10 while they were there.

Modeling the New Iberia and Northern 1945
Ernie K

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 08:14:12 PM »

If you look in the Bachmann catalog (on line) for parts you'll find several Vanderbilt tenders (complete) for sale for around $15.00
ErnieK
Pacific Northern

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 10:29:07 PM »

If you look in the Bachmann catalog (on line) for parts you'll find several Vanderbilt tenders (complete) for sale for around $15.00
ErnieK

Could be a start, quite expensive though.

These Vanderbilts are the versions without any electronics on board. It could be a start though. Buy one of the Vanderbilt chassis and mount it on one of the 4-4-0 or 4-6-0 tender frames that come with the electronics.  This would only take care of the smaller Vanderbilt.

Pacific Northern
electrical whiz kid

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 07:03:00 AM »

Why not buy an inexpensive decoder, if all you are looking for is lights, and motor control.  Install said decoder into that tender and use whichever frame you want.  In for a penny...

Rich C.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: