STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2018, 10:58:26 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Suggestions for the Thomas Resin Building Range
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Suggestions for the Thomas Resin Building Range  (Read 1125 times)
Griffin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2018, 10:31:07 AM »

I added some commentary to my last post, would love to hear all your thoughts!

Waiting for Bachmann Stepney...
TerencetheTractor525

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2018, 12:27:52 AM »

Wonderful job on your post Griffin! Here are my thoughts:

Starting with Tidmouth Hault Station, I think that it is yet another great idea for the reasons that you stated. I especially like the fact that it is a station with a footbridge, which is unlike any of the other stations that are currently in the Bachmann Thomas line. The only problem that I see is that it consists of two station buildings, which means that a relatively great amount of money would have to go into it.

The Sodor Shipping Company is a building that I personally think is just too big to make, especially out of resin. Yet, considering that it is not a brick or stone building, I could see Bachmann making it as a plastic kit.

The Middle Station is a surprising choice, but an understandable one. It's a simple design, making it all the more likely to get made. Admittedly, I would prefer Rheneas Station, but I would not mind the Middle Station either.

While the Dieselworks Shed is not my favorite idea, I could see it selling very well, due to the amount of diesels there are in the range. Additionally, just like the Sodor Shipping Company, I could see it getting made as a plastic kit. Given that it is a roundhouse, it would be fascinating to see what Bachmann would do with it.

The Sodor Manor has to be my favorite of the five buildings that you suggested. It is indeed generic, but that's what makes it so appealing.

The house in Oliver's Find was a little bit different (as shown above).

However, the Sodor Manor was seen again in Season 5 in the episode Bye George! (as shown above).

As a result, buildings such as the Sodor Manor are simple, but extremely charming, as they are a significant part of the reason as to why the visuals of the model series were absolutely incredible.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 12:53:39 AM by TerencetheTractor525 » Logged
Sparks

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2018, 12:22:26 AM »

Digging through some old websites, it's funny to think that a lot of the ideas mentioned on my old blog at http://sodorblog.blogspot.com/ ended up being made into the Bachmann range.
TerencetheTractor525

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2018, 12:03:25 AM »

What a coincidence Sparks! Do you plan on posting more ideas on the blog in the future?

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: