STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 07:45:12 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Thomas & Friends in 2018
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Print
Author Topic: Thomas & Friends in 2018  (Read 29354 times)
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: November 15, 2017, 11:29:34 AM »

I forgot about that post in page 17. Thanks for reminding me, Terence.

Are you worried that Hiro's longer length would require too much detail for his model? Bachmann has made a few inaccuracies with their engines in the past, including three of their first models made. They've also dealt with having more details than usual with some engines like Oliver, but it must've been a little easier with him because of his smaller length. Skarloey has tons of detail too and he's shorter than Oliver.

You're welcome Falcon.

Yes, that is it for the most part. The main point is that if Bachmann decides to make Hiro, the tooling costs would be so expensive to the point where there would not be enough money to invest in other products with great economic potential such as resin buildings and large scale red coaches. Take his side rods for example. A lot of money of money would have to go into that, and I'm sure that the price of medal has gotten incredibly expensive, which is why Bachmann has been using plastic for Rosie, Skarloey, and Rheneas. In stark contrast, Daisy will not need metal side rods and her overall shape is box.  
She's an incredibly popular character among fans young and old, and deserves much more merchandise.

Now, I really apologize for taking up so much space on this thread due to the countless times I have elaborated on Daisy. I'm going to try to make sure that this is the last time I do it.

I can see some very good points provided. It might be safe to assume that while he has a chance of being made, we should not really expect it anytime soon. I never really said that I'd want to see him so soon either, I only brought him up to see if he would be possible to make.

I've been hoping for Daisy to be made as well and she'd be a very safe bet for future announcements.
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 15, 2017, 04:29:35 PM »

Paxton might be Bachmann's first model to have painted siderods. There's also a chance they may make them plastic. I'd rather have them painted.
sean1994rail

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: Today at 01:34:37 PM »

Since it is nearing the end of the year, here are my predictions for 2018.

HO:

Sidney:Sidney has appeared more often in Season 21 and being a re-tool of Diesel, he would be easy for Bachmann to make.

Troublsome Truck #6: Maybe re-using the ventlated van as with the GWR and Fruit and Vegetable Vans.

Express Coaches re-release: Following the return of the salt van, and it re-use for Trobulesome Truck#5, and given the demand for them, the re-lease of the Express Coaches is inevitable.

Flat Bed re-release

Henrietta (Updated with Face): Of all the revisions, odds are on upgrading Henrietta with a face, as children who sees the recent episodes and buy a Bachmann Henrietta now will whine that it doesn't have her face.

HO Narrow Gauge:

Duncan: I too would hope for Sir Handel and/or Peter Sam to be made next, but Duncan has more potential with his grumpy personality and his frequent appearances, especially in Season 18.
NG Coaches
NG Brake Van
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: Today at 02:39:01 PM »

As long as Duncan has the proportions of his basis and not his CG render then I think Duncan would do pretty well in terms of sales.
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: Today at 04:04:47 PM »

My predictions for engines:

HO Scale:
Daisy
Narrow Gauge: Peter Sam
Large Scale: Bill and Ben
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: