STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2018, 03:52:10 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Bachmann Paxton Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Bachmann Paxton Thread  (Read 5218 times)
TerencetheTractor525

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2018, 10:29:40 AM »

As always, a pleasure to read your thoughts Chaz! This is a model that I will definitely pick up at some point. However, I'm still on same page as the majority of people who have stated that Bachmann should go for Stepney or Daisy next, rather than making yet another diesel with the same tooling.
Rodimus Supreme

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM »

Not mine, but Train Tsar Fun posted a video of his Paxton and Grumpy Diesel that he got on his YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlH6OK7ar8
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2018, 07:07:36 PM »

Indeed! A Bachmann Sidney would be a waste of time, and his sales would be minimal compared to Paxton, since Paxton is clearly the more liked and fleshed out of the two. It would be a better idea to just save Sidney for another time, and Bachmann should announce either Stepney or Daisy next year, as those are engines the HO range has been needing for some time. Much higher priorities than another Class 08 recolor like Sidney. Not saying I never want Bachmann to make Sidney; just not for 2019. We already have Grumpy Diesel, which was a questionable announcement.

Paxton is the most expensive of the Class 08s. I need to save up. He's the first CGI character in the HO range, but he's a likeable one.
Chaz

Who we all want Bachmann to make

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2018, 11:14:26 PM »

Thanks for the responses guys!  Glad to hear that most of you will be looking into buying Paxton sooner or later.  Honestly in person, the model doesn't look that bad.  Pictures don't really do it all that much justice, including mine.  I think he's going to be a very popular model down the road.

Regarding Sidney, I agree it's best for Bachmann not to bother with him.  Even if they were in a situation where they can't make a new tooling in HO, they are in some ways better off adding more to the next lineup of narrow gauge announcements or possibly look into adding a new lineup of resin buildings instead than to bother with Sidney or any other character with that tooling (though besides Sidney I really don't see why they would make any of the other 08 characters). 
angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2018, 11:42:50 AM »

Not mine, but Train Tsar Fun posted a video of his Paxton and Grumpy Diesel that he got on his YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlH6OK7ar8

I saw his video yesterday it was very entertaining!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: