STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2017, 11:06:23 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Royal Scot locomotive parts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Royal Scot locomotive parts  (Read 1309 times)
thomcher144

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2016, 07:38:42 PM »

Hi, I just purchased a HO bundle and there is a Royal Scot included. It is missing the front wheels (truck) the rear coupler and possibly some other minor acc's. Is there any place to purchase parts or should I try to find a complete locomotive and use this one for parts? It has 6400 on a tag one the under side.

Thanks, TOM
Hamish K

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 12:07:06 AM »

These sets came out in the late 1980s so original parts are unlikely to be around. Bachmann Branchlines  (Bachmann's UK brand) do still  make Royal Scot class locomotives  - but I have no idea whether parts for modern models  would work with yours. Note that Bachmann Branchlines are British OO i.e. 1/76 scale on 16.5mm (HO) track. Although marked as HO I suspect that yours might also be British OO. They run on the same track.

Hamish
Trainman203

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 08:22:11 PM »

You can try out your craftsmanship and adapt a truck from another  locomotive from the Bachmann parts web page.  The coupler shouldn't be too big of a challenge..   

Modeling the New Iberia and Northern 1945
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: