STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 12:42:44 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  LARGE SCALE DCC SOUND-EQUIPPED THOMAS & FRIENDS LOCOS ARE HERE!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: LARGE SCALE DCC SOUND-EQUIPPED THOMAS & FRIENDS LOCOS ARE HERE!  (Read 6192 times)
ACD134

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 08:23:38 PM »

Yes I will post some photos, and I will do a video, but it won't be before next weekend as working away!

I know it will look odd, but I will demonstrate all the sounds available, however they will all be on "Thomas" with just the CV changed.

I will also show the front and rear lamps on "Thomas" change from white to red depending on direction of travel.  I know the red shouldn't really be showing when "Thomas has a train behind but in the TV Series he does appear with a red on the bunker and a train behind, so I have used "Modeller's Licence" Grin
InsideTrack
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 03:31:01 PM »

The Instructions Sheet and Quick Start Guide that come with the separate-sale DCC Sound Module has been posted to the Product Reference page, Large Scale section.

Bachmann Trains
DrTechDaddy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 02:39:12 PM »

If I install the 44958, (or some other decoder or PWM motor driver) do I need to remove the circuit board attached to the motor, or to the polarity switch?  I'm guessing this is a capacitive circuit that might possibly short-circuit a DCC signal.

If I do disconnect the circuit board and wire power directly to the motor,
what are the consequences?

BTW, ACD134, how are photos and video coming along?
InsideTrack
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2017, 09:10:27 AM »

A new video of the Large Scale DCC Sound-Equipped Thomas and Percy has been uploaded to our YouTube channel. The video also includes instructions on installing the separate-sale Sound Module. Enjoy. https://youtu.be/-cde3bAiNrc
JD417

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2017, 01:31:09 AM »

I have two questions to anyone who has bought the sound chip as a separate item. (Now forgive me if it's already been said, I haven't read through all the previous messages)

-Does the separate sale include a speaker with the chip, or would you have to buy one, as I can't seem to find any pictures of the backside of the sound chip still in the bag.
-Also, if anyone has added the sound chip to Toby, can you confirm if he has his classic series bell, or CGI bell?
Thanks Tongue
GregoryB

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2017, 11:18:11 AM »

I have installed the Bachmann Thomas and Friends DCC Sound Module (44958) in Toby, James and Emily. I used the E-Z Command Dynamis IR DCC System (36505) to change their CVs (CV 115) to get the correct sounds on each including the bell on Toby. I also installed lights, front and back on Toby and forward on James, and they work well (F10 on the E-Z Command). Note that you can't program CVs with the E-Z Command Digital Control System (44932) - you need the Dynamis to change CVs. Also note that you need to supply the speakers and LEDs separately. I also changed Toby's direction by changing CV 29 from 6 to 7 because I apparently wired the direction backwards and didn't want to re-open and the polarity switch does not function in DCC. They all work well in analog mode also with all the correct sounds and lights. My only remaining problem is that on Toby both the forward and reverse lights come on together instead of based on travel direction. I'm looking for a CV that can correct this.
Titanic5972

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2017, 11:15:53 PM »

Would be great to see a video showing all the different sounds Greg. Be interesting to compare them.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: