STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 07:04:12 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Narrow Gauge Modeling Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print
Author Topic: Narrow Gauge Modeling Thread  (Read 33373 times)
grandpuff

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2017, 08:32:56 PM »

Hello To All:

Here is a photo of my new D. Fusit Gunpowder Wagons.
I used Woodland Scenics dry transfer lettering applied one letter at a time.
I was going for an irregular look to resemble the original hand lettering.

http://[url=https://flic.kr/p/GtxYAR]]IMG_0660 by Bill Dwyer, on Flickr[/img][/url]

I have also received most of the parts I need to start the assembly of my Mighty Mac loco which interestingly uses a Bachmann GP-50 loco as the power chassis.

Enjoy,
Grandpuff
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 04:01:15 PM by grandpuff » Logged

Grandpuff
Griffin

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2017, 08:37:07 PM »

Hey grand puff! The D. Fusit wagon looks great. What faces are you planning to use for Mighty Mac?

Waiting for Bachmann Stepney...
grandpuff

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2017, 08:43:16 PM »

Hi Griffin:

I hope to use faces off of a Mighty Mac toy. I will not know until it arrives on Monday if they will be the right size.

I also have brass name plates ordered from Narrow Planet even though the Thomas Mighty Mac did not have them the original  basis loco did.

I was able to correct the photo link in my message above so the photo is displayed now.

Grandpuff
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 03:59:44 PM by grandpuff » Logged

Grandpuff
HLC Railroad

Steam Locomotive Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2017, 08:44:42 PM »

The gun powder wagons look amazing grandpuff. I can't wait to see Mighty Mac. You're work with detailing these models is amazing. Also, I'm glad to see that the link I posted has proved useful to fellow modelers. I look forward to seeing Skarloey, Rheneas and Duke running around with the Shays and Cab-forwards I see in some of your pictures.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 04:09:03 PM by HLC Railroad » Logged

A Small Railroad for All Locomotives, well except for those Amtrak locos that never get anyone to their destination on time.
grandpuff

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 17, 2017, 07:51:57 PM »

Hello again to All:

As I promised this is my first installment of progress in the assembly of my OO9 or HOn30 Mighty Mac locomotive using parts from various suppliers in the UK. The first photo shows Thomas and Mighty Mac from the TV Series for reference. The second photo shows progress so far to cleaning up the loco castings which has taken about a week.

[/url]Attachment-1 by Bill Dwyer, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]IMG_0662 by Bill Dwyer, on Flickr[/img]

I now have the paint, gold, red, and yellow 1/16 stripping tape, hand rail stantions, and the Bachmann N scale GP-50 loco which will be used for the mechanism after removing the side frames and drilling the wheels for the side and driving rods.

I will be posting additional progress photos as the work progresses.

I am not sure why my photos from Flikr are not appearing as they should and will investigate.
In the mean time you can click on the links.

Anyone know what I am doing incorrectly?

Enjoy,
Grandpuff
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 08:12:10 PM by grandpuff » Logged

Grandpuff
angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 18, 2017, 01:31:22 PM »

Interesting project on your hands. I will be glad to see more pictures than process continues.
HLC Railroad

Steam Locomotive Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 18, 2017, 07:04:23 PM »

Interesting project on your hands. I will be glad to see more pictures than process continues.
Indeed! This seems like a lovely project, I hope the face looks better on the model that the TnP one. I doubt they'd fit but I have an old Tomy Mighty Mac and I love those faces.
Just a thought.
Can't wait to see your further progress.

As well, I just saw that the Elsbridge Shop has Water Towers and Hoppers for the Narrow Gauge engine, in case anyone's looking.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 11:53:02 AM by HLC Railroad » Logged

A Small Railroad for All Locomotives, well except for those Amtrak locos that never get anyone to their destination on time.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 22, 2017, 02:48:37 PM »

Best of luck on the Mighty Mac project Granpuff.  The decals you added to your gunpowder wagons look really nice and I'm glad to see you continue to make great progress!
grandpuff

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2017, 05:36:25 PM »

Thank you Chaz. I will post some more progress photos of Mighty Mac as soon as I can figure out why my Flikr photos are not posting correctly. My previous Flikr photos of my narrow gauge coaches and brake van along with my D. Fusit Gunpowder wagons posted just fine.

Any ideas what the problem may be anyone?

Grandpuff

Grandpuff
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: