STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 23, 2018, 08:01:33 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Thomas & Friends in 2018
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] Print
Author Topic: Thomas & Friends in 2018  (Read 43489 times)
TerencetheTractor525

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: January 21, 2018, 10:19:47 PM »

I thought about it, and the last time we had a plastic operational building in the range was the windmill, which was announced in 2011.  I feel like at this point if they do the watermill they would have the building be resin to go along with the recent resin building additions.  Plus the way how it's designed and made out of stone it gives off more of a resin building vibe to me rather than all plastic.  If they were to make it operational like the windmill and lighthouse, then they would have to go with plastic since if they go with a motor and a resin casting it would be way too expensive.  Admittedly I don't see them making a bridge for that particular building since a general consumer would have to find a way to elevate the rail line above the standing height of the waterwheel and mill themselves. It would essentially be two pieces combined into one and a lot of consumers aren't going to want to pay that extra price, especially since most of the people buying Bachmann's Thomas-range buildings for their kids are only doing so for tracks that are level, not elevated.

Plus this is also the range that made a Brendam warehouse but not the Sodor Shipping Company building, so if they were to do other buildings besides the Watermill they would probably look into other options like what we've mentioned in the past for some variety that fans can choose from.  

I agree with you Chaz. The resin gives the watermill a much more realistic look than plastic, especially with the stone. Regarding the bridge, I also concur with you. I'm sure that the problems with the watermill bridge would apply to all bridges, with the exception of footbridges (if Bachmann were to make stations such as Wellsworth). Even so, I'm sure that none of us are going to want to jump to conclusions since the resin building range really is targeted to an older audience, just like the narrow gauge range. Although, when looking carefully at the watermill again, I noticed that it is actually a very massive building.

Because of this, another idea that I thought of is the watermill seen at Rheneas Station on the narrow gauge railway.

While observing the size of the narrow gauge watermill next to Peter Sam, it is clear that it is a smaller watermill that would not be as expensive to make as the standard gauge one.

Ultimately, it is a structure that all avid Thomas fans will remember. What do you guys think?

« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 10:21:54 PM by TerencetheTractor525 » Logged
Sparks

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 22, 2018, 12:38:37 AM »

The Round and Square water towers were also plastic, and those were made in 2016.

The round water tower actually came out in 2015 and both water towers were announced before 2016.

If you're going to correct me, at least get the facts right. Tongue
The hostility is unneeded on this forum, when I was simply reminding of the Water Towers and adding to your own point.

Secondly, that's the date the Wikia ( http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/Bachmann#2016_2 ) gives, so if you have a personal beef with the dates, take it out on them.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 22, 2018, 01:15:32 AM »

Didn't mean to come off as hostile, honestly it was more of a joke since these were announced when you were on here and there were discussions on these when they came out.

Moving back on the appropriate subject though, the Watermill from season 4 wouldn't be a bad idea either.  Personally I would be on board with that for an alternative for the larger one.  Having that announced with those sheds announced earlier would make a pretty great combination.
TerencetheTractor525

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: Today at 12:01:08 AM »

Moving back on the appropriate subject though, the Watermill from season 4 wouldn't be a bad idea either.  Personally I would be on board with that for an alternative for the larger one.  Having that announced with those sheds announced earlier would make a pretty great combination.

That's a good point. I am no expert when it comes to making new resin buildings, but announcing the double narrow gauge engine shed along with the narrow gauge watermill may be another possible option in terms cost since they would both utilize the same stone exterior (For anyone who does not know which shed we are referring to, it is the one that Peter Sam is in, which is in the pic on page 22 of this thread). The same could pertain to the Trackside Station and Toby's Shed.

To conclude, I think that both watermills that were mentioned are alluring in their own ways, and either would be a wonderful addition to the resin building range.
thomasj219

Thomas Will Be Coming Down Our Track Forever!!

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: Today at 12:21:29 AM »

In my opinion the Watermill would be a great addition to the range. Preferably Resin but Iíll take anything. Resin would be better and fairly easy IMO simple design bar the wheel itself.

However I would prefer the bridge be connected to the watermil therefore the piece could be incoptated easily.

This is the version I would love. However I know itís a dream. Just attach the bridge and make it extend to the end of the building to the left.

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Daisy, Harvey.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: