STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 04:11:14 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Thomas in Williams O scale
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Thomas in Williams O scale  (Read 150 times)
TrainCollector

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2017, 12:58:35 AM »

Hey guys I've been thinking a lot about this lately. Lionel has discontinued several Thomas products in O scale and this got me thinking. Bachmann does a great job with Thomas products and Lionel hasn't really put the best Thomas products out there. What if Bachmann bought the rights to sell Thomas in O scale? The engines would look much better plus we would get much more characters in the range. I think Williams by Bachmann should make Thomas in O scale. Plus unlike large scale bigger engines like Gordon and Henry would have a better chance at being made. What do you guys think?
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 01:03:55 AM »

Bachmann needs the license first. They need to acquire the rights from Mattel in order to make O Scale items.
Sparks

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 01:13:06 AM »

Bachmann needs the license first. They need to acquire the rights from Mattel in order to make O Scale items.
More like pry it from Lionels cold dead hands
TrainCollector

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 05:14:05 AM »

Right I'm sure Mattel could buy the license to do it. Seriously though I think Williams would make great Thomas items in O scale
Yardmaster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 10:27:01 AM »

Lionel has the license in O Gauge. If they ever give it up Bachmann might consider it.
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 03:52:58 PM »

Lionel used to have a G Scale Thomas range, but it was short-lived. Since that range died, now Bachmann makes the G scale Thomas models. Maybe eventually, Lionel could call quits on their tiny O Scale range, and then Bachmann can take over. Lionel's O Scale Thomas range is still alive, but we don't know how long, since they haven't made a single new product for many years.

Lionel is holding Bachmann back from making O Scale Thomas models. It's just like how Hornby is holding Bachmann back from producing the HO Scale models in the UK. Bachmann does produce the G Scale models in the UK.

Bachmann making an N Scale Thomas range has a much better chance. None of their competitors have the license for N Scale Thomas models, other than Tomix, but that's a Japanese range. If Mattel gives Bachmann the rights to produce N Scale Thomas models, they wouldn't just be available in the US, but the UK can have them too. Characters like Thomas, Percy, and James would look much better in N Scale than their HO models.

By N Scale, I mean Standard Gauge. We got Narrow Gauge, which was something we needed more. If we ever get Standard Gauge N Scale, we could hopefully get Thomas and Percy in the same year.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: