STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 11:25:17 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Fitting NEM pockets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fitting NEM pockets  (Read 348 times)
81F

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2017, 07:40:19 AM »

I have a Silverton & Durango 2-8-0 (and a Santa-Fe version of the same loco) and a few coaches with the standard Bachmann couplings. However, as a British modeller these are not compatible with my British Outline stock (from Bachmann and others) which use the British tension lock (hook and bar) coupling.

Can someone tell me of there is an NEM pocket part that can be fitted to the 2-8-0 so that I can easily change the couplings so I can run the locos with some of my British stock?

Modelling the Great Western Railway in the Welsh Borders, and the Glyn Valley Tramway with a few bits from elsewhere!
Len

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 07:53:02 AM »

It would probably be easier to make a 'transition' car to use between the loco and the rest of the train. Use the standard hook and bar on one end of the car. Replace the coupler on the other end with an NEM shank knuckle coupler on the other. Kadee and Bachmann both make NEM shank knuckle couplers. Connect the knuckle couple end to the loco and you're good to go.

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: