STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 01:48:48 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Plasticville U.S.A.
| | |-+  Kitbashing using Plasticville...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kitbashing using Plasticville...  (Read 2842 times)
John Murphy

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2007, 11:36:25 PM »

I'm currently trying to get back into HO by starting with a Holiday Display layout (steam).  Since the layout is going to be small (40"x6'6") I had a problem:  I wanted a (inexpensive) whistle, so I hit on an idea -- I got the Bachmann Plasticville "N" guage whistle, cut it out of the warehouse it was in, and will put it in a built-up HO guage Plasticville barn.  Since the layout is going to be part scale and part whimsy, I was only looking for an "approximation."  Also, since the layout is very small and the barn will be centrally located, imagination hopefully will take over and the mind will place the sound where it is to go.

I'm also using the HO Plasticville Suburban Station (heavily modified, painted, lighted) to be another focal point....
Derek O

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 12:57:35 AM »

I'm also using the HO Plasticville Suburban Station (heavily modified, painted, lighted) to be another focal point....

John - I'd love to see how you customized the station; can you post a picture? I'm just starting on one myself.

Derek
Paul M.

T&P Railway in the 1950s

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 06:14:21 PM »

I was surfing the web and I found one of Roger T. 's  stations.... I think it's  the Plasticville suburban station.

http://www.highspeedplus.com/~rogertra/pages/9000d%20-%20Motor%20No.%209000%20arrives%20at%20the%20station%20in%20Atwater%20with%20the%20daily%20passenger%20train%20from%20the%20CPR%27s%20Windsor%20Station%20in%20Montreal.htm

Wink

Paul M.

T&P Railway in the 1950s

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 05:56:23 PM »

I'm not sure, but...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: