STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 12:35:17 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  HO
| | |-+  Baldwin 2-8-0 Consolidation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Baldwin 2-8-0 Consolidation  (Read 373 times)
old model railroader

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2017, 01:04:15 AM »

Please , when will the HO Baldwin 2-8-0 Consolidation with sound be available ?
my other Bachmann steam locomotives are great , with sound ,  and I would like several of any new Baldwin 2-8-0 Consolidations   Grin

Thanks
Trainman203

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 08:24:55 AM »

Aftermarket installs of sound decoders, especially the Tsunami 2, are much more satisfying to me than the stripped to the bones Sound Value system. I got rid of my sound value units and put in Tsunami 2 decoders instead.  I now buy the engines without sound and do an install.

If you are not up to doing an install yourself there are many installers who will do it for you.

I have a few Bachmann engines with the pre-Sound Value Soundtraxx decoders.  They had a number of features that Sound Value doesn't have.  In the 2-8-0 it is a beautiful unit.  In the smaller tender engines like the 4-4-0 they are a little on the quiet side.  The Tsunami 2 has a more powerful amplifier that helps.

Modeling the New Iberia and Northern 1945
RAILSPLITTER

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 12:18:10 PM »

I did the same . The sound value series sounds good ,but now even with the Soundtraxx economi you get great features and plenty of functions for the cost of a sound value decoder sold in the catalog . The Economi has 5 different prime movers in diesel and sound excellent in steam with A reverb function less then the discontinued Tsumani 1 with more and better horns and bells. Athearn has gone with Soundtraxx economi in their later runs in their base line locomotives rather then the similar short functioned value sound board they had in a few. Plus they have the correct documentation .Unlike the sound value line that makes it hit or miss if your doing product research before a purchase checking the Soundtraxx site that is inaccurate since they state they publish what Bachmann gives them in literature. Another reason to go with a base line loco and find a installer or research and do it yourself. The cost is negligible.

Jon
Trainman203

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 12:31:09 PM »

I put a couple of Econami decoders in engines before  the Tsunami 2 came out.  It is good, but the TSU 2 is so much more advanced.

Sound value is a good entry level deal , designed to hold production costs down and make acquisition of sound engines easy, but that's all it is.  TSU has many features that basically put you in the cab running the engine rather than just watching the train.

old model railroader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 09:01:17 PM »

Thanks Railsplitter and Trainman203 for the information and options for sound .
With 20/100 vision and an Optivisor , I do prefer RTR . Although on the On30 2-6-0 I was able to remove one screw and just plug in the sound card , and that works fine .   I am leaving large scale and outside trains , and now shifting to HO  [big size difference]  but I can still operate trains   Grin   and that's important to me .
Thanks again
Trainman203

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 11:07:40 PM »

You think I put those decoders in myself? 😮  I pay people to do work like that 😂.  Along with mowing the lawn and working on the car , there's other things I myself would rather do.

old model railroader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 09:53:26 PM »

You think I put those decoders in myself? 😮  I pay people to do work like that 😂.  Along with mowing the lawn and working on the car , there's other things I myself would rather do.

Grin
We are of like minds

thanks for a smile for today   
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: