STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 18, 2018, 10:19:46 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Bachmann Paxton Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Bachmann Paxton Thread  (Read 2942 times)
Plow Bender

If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2018, 01:39:10 PM »

I'm going to be honest and say that I'm actually surprised we haven't seen or heard anything on Rusty by now.  I was kind of hoping we'd see something like a prototype of the model last year, but in reality I was thinking Bachmann would have at least given us some kind of update.  Then again, Rheneas and the new Ventilated Vans started shipping without notice from Bachmann, and the only thing they really did update us on was the poor excuse of a redesigned James model.  Personally I've got a feeling we'll probably see or hear something about Rusty come the 2018 announcements.

-Rusty

"Difficult things take time.  Impossible things take a little longer."
Sparks

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2018, 02:00:48 PM »

We'll most likely find out at Toy Fair next month.

Dunno if it's just me, but I feel like it has been taking longer for prototypes of the newest engines to surface than it has in past years. As long as the products turn out accurate, the wait tends to be worth it.

Course in some cases like Toad, it never hurts to do some research beyond "it looks like the CGI model in the show", since the animation team themselves have made some glaring issues with the returning characters models (and they have stated awareness of this on Twitter), but I digress. The only other characters in the near future this could be an issue for are Sir Handel and Duncan (especially Duncan).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 02:04:23 PM by Sparks » Logged
TrainshockeylifE

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2018, 03:43:28 PM »

Iím surprised they havenít put rusty on the website or Paxton
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2018, 07:39:39 PM »

The only reason why I would think that they haven't shown a lot of the new products that got announced last year is because they want to wait until they have official images of the new products rather than the illustrations that are used in the catalog.  This is pretty much the case for the vent vans that got announced last year.
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2018, 06:21:11 AM »

There's a very good chance Paxton's image will get revealed sometime next month. Either his image will be posted a few days before the announcements like Rosie, or he'll get revealed in the 2018 catalog. 'Arry and Bert weren't revealed until the 2014 catalog was released.

EDIT (to avoid double-posting):
Now that February has arrived, Paxton's image might be revealed any day now, and I know I've said that several times already. I'm excited for it, and I'm really getting anxious to see him. Will his siderods be painted metal, or plastic? We'll know the answer very soon. Paxton's siderods gained a metallic hue as of Season 19, while Sidney's are still the same bright red.

By the end of the month, we should hopefully get images of the rest of the products that were announced last year, or at least see them on display at the Toy Fair.

Summer is usually when delayed products get released. Who knows? Paxton might get in stock at other online shops before Bachmann even announces his arrival. Rheneas, and the HO Vent Vans share that dilemma. The same could happen to Paxton.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 03:26:30 AM by TrainFan97 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: