STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 11:38:12 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Large
| | |-+  Sound Systems for Bachman G Scale steam train sets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sound Systems for Bachman G Scale steam train sets  (Read 190 times)
mardoc

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2017, 06:25:59 PM »

I am trying to get info on a sounds system that is simple ,yet has a good quality sound for G scale Bachman trains, one ( Barnum Baily Circus train) the other ( Bachman Mountaineer train) I would like to find one that can control two trains at once.  If it is too expensive I will settle for one train operation.  Dose any one have suggestions what brand , I want it to control speed and sounds out of one box .  
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 06:33:00 PM by mardoc » Logged
Nathan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 10:13:59 PM »

What do you consider 'too expensive'?

Nathan
Joe Zullo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 05:01:55 PM »

I use this system with my locos but with battery power, but it will work with powered track as well. I think it is a bargain and works very well.
http://www.reindeerpass.com/crest-electronics-revolution-model-train-controller.aspx
Kevin Strong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 09:01:35 PM »

I would echo Joe's recommendation for the Revolution system. The receivers come pre-loaded with sounds, and the transmitter will control up to 50 locos at one time. (Probably overkill for what you're doing.) But for $100 for each receiver, and that controls sounds, lights, and motor, you're not going to beat that. You can also buy a USB interface and program new steam sound sets onto the receivers. Check with your dealer; they may be able to do this for you as well. Otherwise, I believe each decoder comes with the same default sound, so both of your locos will sound the same.

Later,

K

Loco Bill Canelos

Model railroading since 1947

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 10:44:31 PM »

I agree that the revolution is the way to go, simple to install, and with the new sounds hard to beat on price! Robby at RLD hobbies has a great discount price, and can answer all your technical questions, and may be able to preload optional sounds as well.  http://rldhobbies.com/crestelectronics-2.aspx.  Give him a call.

Loco Bill

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway Missouri Western Railway
Semi Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: