STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 10:03:45 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  HO
| | |-+  0 6 0 Porter side tank Prototype?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 0 6 0 Porter side tank Prototype?  (Read 166 times)
RAILSPLITTER

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2017, 02:58:11 PM »

I am trying to find some prototype photos of the Bachmann 0 6 0 Porter side tank. Scanned the web for a wile and nothing. Then I was thinking Bachmann made the model so it should be based on a actual prototype . Bachmann must have some reference or could advise where to look or get it since they did to build the model if off a certain prototype made with a headlight. Or is it just some fantasy . I looked into Mid west quarry and mining and the company actually exists today ,but no history . Just more dead ends. Anybody know,Bachmann?

Jon
J3a-614

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 03:14:28 PM »

A very brief check came up with this piece from Model Railroader.  According to its author, it looks like the Porter was based on a catalog engine, with an added electric headlight, representing a locomotive that had been modernized.

In short, it may not be a specific engine, but it is a standard prototype from the builder.

http://mrr.trains.com/product-reviews/staff-reviews/2013/11/bachmann-trains-ho-scale-porter-switcher

RAILSPLITTER

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 04:23:49 PM »

Thanks ,
With a bit more digging I found one very close. Same cylinders,Sand domes valve gear ect... out of Brooklyn. Has a generator where the headlight on the model is and a shorter stack. By the looks of the rusty relic ,It was not updated the time the photo was taken.I know why Bachmann did not put glass in it. Accuracy.They did not have any glass at all at least when this photo was taken.I like to do a little research ,before I add a few details and weather. These things get weathered in the cab pretty good to be accurate like the pic.  Think it may work for it ??  Grin
Jon

J3a-614

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 11:19:23 PM »

Might be. . .can you provide a link or copy of the picture you found?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: