STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 22, 2018, 05:54:08 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  HO
| | |-+  DCC Conversion B23-7 Question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DCC Conversion B23-7 Question  (Read 169 times)
ElectricFan

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2018, 09:49:13 PM »

I have an HO scale Bachmann B23-7 that I want to convert to DCC.  How do I remove the motor brackets so I can separate and isolate the motor from the chassis?  Thanks much for any help.
Len

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 11:27:38 PM »

Look at the exploded diagram: http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/HO_B23-7_DIESEL.pdf

You should be able to disengage the motor bracket 'hooks' from the bottom of the loco, then lift the bracket up and out.

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.
ElectricFan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 12:16:11 PM »

Hi Len:

Thanks much -- unhooking the latch from the chassis seems to be my problem -- one bracket is no problem but the one on the other side just does not seem to budge.  I'll keep working at it -- hopefully not until it breaks because there are no replacement parts.
Len

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 12:31:51 PM »

I usually slide a tooth pick in to keep the first side from reengaging while I work on the second side.

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.
ElectricFan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 06:12:28 PM »

Hi Len:

Thanks;  I couldn't get the toothpicks to work and manged to break one of the brackets - I don't think Bachmann has replacements for sale -- here comes the jury-rig or a lot of parts for the parts box .
bapguy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 11:00:33 PM »

Will this work? Similar ones for the F7A/B, GE 70 Tonner.   Joe

http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_68_189&products_id=1344

ElectricFan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 12:15:33 AM »

Hi Joe:

Thanks;  one of those cradles just might work -- very interesting, if they fit the chassis screw holders holes, they would also solve the problem of insulating the motor from the chassis -- I was going to use electrical tape.  I guess I'll be calling the parts dept. on Monday.

Thanks again.

Jon
RAILSPLITTER

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 02:25:03 PM »

RTV rubber makes a great motor mount,just keep it out of the motor and brush holders. It has slow cure time so everthing can be adjusted and set,and is semi permanent meaning the motor can come out without much trouble. Also dampens the motor sound and vibration to no noise.

Jon
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: