STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 16, 2018, 01:56:14 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  HO
| | |-+  Tropicana car lettering
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tropicana car lettering  (Read 468 times)
rbryce1

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2017, 12:10:17 AM »

What type of lettering/logo material is used to print on the Tropicana reefers?  I want to repaint some without the factory lettering showing thru.  Don't know if it was stamped ink, decals or what?  Anyone know?
Joe323

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 01:53:34 PM »

If you are talking about the white Bachmann reefers I donít thnk it really matters They all seem to be number 724 which I gently sanded off with a small sanding stick and then printed new numbers cut them out pasted them in place and sealed the car with dullcote Once weathered ite good enough for me.
rbryce1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 05:35:07 PM »

Yes, I am referring to the white Bachmann reefers, but I want to remove the Tropicana name and emblem to use the cars with different markings.  Don't want the outline of the Tropicana name or the outline of the Tropicana emblem showing through under the paint.
RAILSPLITTER

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 08:27:25 PM »

Strip the model of the old paint. Some use alcohol in a large freezer bag sealed setting over night or 2 soaking  completely and scrub with a old toothbrush and all the paint and lettering should come off . Use 90% under adult supervision.

Jon
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: