STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2018, 03:12:02 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  HO
| | |-+  Bachmann Sound Value function outputs?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bachmann Sound Value function outputs?  (Read 916 times)
nelsonb111563

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2017, 11:46:32 AM »

I know the SV boards are bare bones boards from Soundtraxx but it seems like the F5 and F6 functions are active as I think the can be remapped.  My question is:  There are what appears to be solder pads on the underside of the decoders.  Are these function output pads possibly for testing purposes at the factory and if so would they support a function output to drive two SMD LEDs?
RAILSPLITTER

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 01:25:37 PM »

No ,unless you have a dda40x or a e7 sound board. I checked this before there are 2 light functions . Front and rear headlight can be remapped for independent control so 1 function can be mapped to the headlght and one to I BELIEVE FUNCTION 1 .Then you have to remap the bell. CV 57 AND 58 do the deed,but  cv 33 and 34 will also have to be changed . This way you can wire another LED to the headlight for the rear light and use the 2nd function for something else separate controll of the headlight.I found this playing around and noticed some factory Tsumani equipped diesels use cv 57 and 58 . They are there on the sound value boards ,but not listed  because cv 33 and 34 are used. So the software is there ,but the hardware for a actual light function for functions 5 ad 6 are not. Go to the Soundtraxx and look at the tsumani manuals for these 4 cv's. Then do some trial and error and look at the mapping chart. Cant remember ,but cv 57 or 58 was set to 4 maybe. It was a low number less then 5 .

Jon
645diesel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 12:21:17 AM »

so i am trying to hook up ditch lights base on your explanation i am still not certain if they can be hooked up.not sure where to hook wires to for ditch lighting?
RAILSPLITTER

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 08:21:44 PM »

Wire the rear Led to the output for the front light as the front light is. Then wire your front ditch lights to the rear light output for power and function. Map and program the functions so that the rear output turn on and of the ditch lights .You are limited to function 1 or 2 ,but function 1 is easier . Then you remap the bell since it was on function 1 . You can make them, your ditch lights flash ,but not flash side to side and with proper programming can flash when the horn is blown for grade crossing effect. I did this on a first run Bachmann es44ac after installing 0402 led's in the dummy ditch lights. You are using LED's? I hope.
Jon
645diesel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 11:55:26 PM »

i got all of that so with the proper programming wich i believe i did, they flash when i blow horn butt still at the same time so there is no way to have them flash alternatly?
Hunt
?
MBB

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 06:13:42 PM »

. . .so there is no way to have them flash alternatly?

You will have to replace the decoder with one that supports that feature.

RAILSPLITTER

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 02:42:21 PM »

Glad you got them working. That is the best undocumented thing I have found about the Sound Value lighting functions. There are only 2 on most. To have them alternate you would need a 3 rd light function,but you can mess around with how they flash and the speed also that can be made to almost look like they are flashing side to side using cv 59 for speed of flash and the strobe effect to try gets them close. Trial and error.Be nice if there was a way to completely read every cv that is on the decoder for the more advanced users like the user here since again there is no manual. Or is there? JMRI only shows what is given to them stock that would never show this option for the user that is there. Maybe some day.

Jon
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: