STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2018, 01:51:20 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 276993 times)
Griffin

View Profile
« Reply #990 on: July 09, 2018, 05:05:13 PM »

James's update was hardly what we needed to be very frank.

Waiting for Bachmann Stepney...
Griffin

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 09, 2018, 05:20:46 PM »

If someone could provide me with HQ side views of Bachmann Percy and James that would be awesome. Thanks

Waiting for Bachmann Stepney...
Rodimus Supreme

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 10, 2018, 02:51:32 PM »

How and where did you find that side-shot of the Thomas show model?
Rodimus Supreme

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 10, 2018, 03:23:47 PM »

I have a feeling this isn't good enough quality, is it?
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/ttte/images/8/80/Percy%27sModelSpecification.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20151220043532&format=original
TrainshockeylifE

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 13, 2018, 11:27:28 AM »

Well the spiteful brakevan in Ho looks amazing
Chaz

Who we all want Bachmann to make

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 13, 2018, 12:39:25 PM »

Happy with how it turned out, glad to the same consistency from the large scale model carried to the HO model.  Looking forward to getting mine soon. Smiley
Rodimus Supreme

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 13, 2018, 03:37:48 PM »

Oh wow, The Spiteful Brakevan looks great!!!
Sparks

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 14, 2018, 01:16:14 AM »

I have to agree with the sentimentality I've seen so far; the Spiteful Brakevan is simple but effective. His shade of grey some could say is lighter than his TV series counterpart, but it does match the Large Scale brake van. The NW decals also make the Bachmann Spiteful Brakevan a very interesting hybrid of his TV series and RWS variants. To top it off, Bachmann did an excellent job at portraying his model era face with superb accuracy.

I'd say this is a piece of rolling stock that has been worth the long wait. Never thought I'd see it come, in 2018 no less! Can't wait to get my hands on one.

By the way, there's a small detail some people are overlooking on the Bachmann Water Tanker:

In the classic series, the letter decals had a stylized font, which had lines cutting off parts of text, like this:

Season 6+ however, when the models were updated, the font was changed to something slightly more generic, without the stylized letter cuts:

The Season 6+ versions were used as reference for the Bachmann Milk and Tar tankers respectively, rather than the Season 1-5 tankers.

What I'm getting to is, look at the "WATER" decal; it's Season 1-5 style lettering! I really want to give props to whoever at Bachmann noticed such a minor detail. For me, it really helps bring in that "Thomas" feel of a product.

Maybe in the future, Bachmann can re-release a "Classic Milk" tanker and a "Classic Tar" tanker. Wink
TerencetheTractor525

View Profile
« Reply #998 on: July 14, 2018, 08:44:27 AM »

I completely agree with you guys. After seeing the large scale Spiteful Brakevan, I hoped that Bachmann would craft a face that was just as accurate to the television series for the HO model, and that's exactly what they did. Thank you very much, Bachmann! The Spiteful Brakevan will definitely be going on my Christmas list for this year.

Following up on Spark's post, another thing that I'd like to point out with the HO tar tanker is that when looking at it beside the large scale tar tanker, I noticed that the size of the lettering in proportion to the tanker itself is different. From looking at pics from the television series, it is shown that the large scale tar tanker is slightly more accurate in this regard; so, as Spark's stated, I wonder if Bachmann could re-release the tar tanker with lines cutting off part of the text, and with lettering at a smaller font (maybe through Troublesome Truck #6  Smiley). Since this would just be a change of color scheme and not tooling, I think that it would be doable. It's a small change, but it would make a big difference.

Lastly, I asked Bachmann why the red and blue narrow gauge carriages are not posted on the website yet, but I did not receive a response. I just hope that the narrow gauge carriages will not get cancelled, considering the demand for them.
Chaz

Who we all want Bachmann to make

View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 14, 2018, 01:53:31 PM »

The Bachmann water tanker is actually based off a Trackmaster version of said product with the exact same decals shown here:

Which is interesting because we have seen water tankers in Toad and the Whale with the only major difference being that there are no decals on the tankers.  Bachmann didn't seem to take the easy way out on that one by leaving the tankers blank like the CG render so read into that one however you will.

The lettering does bring in some nostalgia, but admittedly not really enough to make me want to buy the water tanker. 

Regarding the tar and milk tanker, I can definitely see the tar tanker coming back as a new product for Troublesome Truck #6, which really would not be that much more different than the case of Troublesome Truck #5 being a salt wagon with a different colored roof and a face.

Admittedly I don't see the same happening with the milk tanker since it is still in production and if they were to change it anytime soon, more likely than not, they would go with the cow logo used in the CGI series, just like the large scale model.

Regarding the narrow gauge coaches, I'm fairly certain that like other products in the range did in the past these are probably still being planned out or in early production, hence the lack of prices.  I think it's best to give Bachmann the benefit of the doubt since these will probably be in production for a while and will probably be the only new products that got announced last year to be pushed back to 2019.  If they will be anything like the slate wagons turned out, I think they can take as much time as they need.
Rodimus Supreme

View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: July 14, 2018, 02:37:00 PM »

Personally, I think that, if Bachmann had no influence in design choices from Mattel, they would've left the Water Tankers blank (assuming Bachmann would choose to do Water Tankers if Mattel never communicated their ideas with them). More than likely Mattel requested there be decals on the Water Tankers so it's more interesting to look at for children, or something like that.

Also, the Sodor Diesel Co. Tanker looks pretty nice too.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 02:42:18 PM by Rodimus Supreme » Logged
angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 15, 2018, 12:38:38 PM »

I would like to see the tar wagon come back. Maybe not as a troublesome truck, but it will surprise if they did.

I do like the like spiteful brake van. I wonder if it will a little out of place with the other ones since they don't have the NW decals?

I'll still looking to buy troublesome truck 5 but I can't anyone selling one. It would be nice to have salt wagon.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: