STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2018, 10:08:26 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  On30
| | |-+  Banta On30 tool car
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Banta On30 tool car  (Read 2140 times)
Woody Elmore

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2008, 06:02:26 PM »

I've begun to assemble the fine Banta On30 tool car sold by Micromark. I wonder if there's anybody out there who's  built the kit.

The kit comes with a wooden deck that has to be glued onto the Bachmann flat car. They don't suggest a method and I am wondering if anyone has suggestions.

I think I'll sand the paint off the flat car and use 3M spray mounting glue.

Any suggestions?
ebtbob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 09:22:25 AM »

Woody,

I built the car and I used ACC for an adhesive.    I have posted this before,  but if you ever wonder what product to use as an adhesive for different materials,  go to www.thistothat.com.

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org
Woody Elmore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 01:20:05 PM »

Bob: I come from an era where the only adhesives used were Elmers, Ambroid and Walther's Goo.

I am aware of all the options available. I just wanted to see what other people did. I am interested in the best and least messy glue to use.

did you remove the paint from the deck of the Bachmann car before you attached the Bantadeck?
br549
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 07:29:31 PM »

I built the same car using a Bachmann HO bobber caboose frame.  Mine wasn't painted (the caboose chassis) I used Zap a Gap CA to attach the floor to the caboose chassis. Fun build for sure!
Bob~
Frisco

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 07:17:12 PM »

Could you post some pictures of the progress and finished model ?
Woody Elmore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 08:27:21 AM »

I'd love to post pictures but the project has been put away - I've been given an assignment for the summer from my employer.
br549
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 08:06:01 PM »

I can post a pic of mine if you wish, and providing I can figure out how to post pictures on the B-mann forum.
Woody Elmore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 09:38:50 AM »

Pictures would be helpful. Although Banta provides two pages of information they show only one side of the car.

I am surprised that Bachmann never did something like the Banta model in plastic for the On30 line. Of course I realize that the Bach-man does all the prototypes and he is a one man show. There are only so many models he can turn out in a year!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: