STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 06:25:30 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  N
| | |-+  Rapido couplers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rapido couplers  (Read 2656 times)
AJ

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2007, 12:56:55 AM »

Hi Guys, I'm new to N scale and am trying to get used to these darned Rapido couplers.  Many of my cars do not couple correctly because they are at different heights, either too high or too low, sometimes they just barely couple and will uncouple when I run the train, or won't couple at all because of not matching up height wise.  I don't see an easy way (if any way at all) of either raising or lowering the couplers as they are body mounted.  The only thing I can think of is to heat the plastic shank somehow and bend it to the correct height but I'm not sure if that makes sense or not.  I spend a lot of time recoupling various cars and that is taking the fun out of running my trains and gets to be tedious after a while.  All my cars and engines are Bachmann and everything is fine other than this coupling problem.  Any suggestions?
johnk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 09:24:38 AM »

AJ

First- welcome to the world of crapido couplings

READ- IN GENERAL DISCUSSION:
Question from the new guy

Read- in N SCALE section:
1) N scale train sets and
2) MT conversion chart confusion

The general rule for all n- scale users. GET RID OF THE CRAPIDOS

Use Micro Train couplers as the replacment !

Wesley

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 03:58:32 PM »

Does anyone have anything good to say about rapido couplings ?
ben_not_benny

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 12:06:35 AM »

Does anyone have anything good to say about rapido couplings ?

Rapidos are the first N scale coupler to be widely used in the industry. It was used as standard before the knuckle coupler. Too bad Micro-Trains couplers can't be widely used by other firms because of patent issues.

I suggest you buy equipment with knuckle couplers pre-installed, this way you won't go through all this headache.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: