STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 06:13:39 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  On30
| | |-+  On30 Christmas Trolley set
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: On30 Christmas Trolley set  (Read 1606 times)
All-Trains

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2008, 02:09:09 PM »

Hi;

I have an On30 trolley set that goes out from a train shed, along some track pieces, and then stops at a bumper. After a set time limit, the trolley reverses and goes back into the shed and parks for a set time.
   My transformer that plugs into the wall and connects to the back of the train shed, did not work any more after last Christmas, and was thrown away. I need to get a new one, but do not know what ( voltage and if it was AC or DC ), that it put out when it was working properly. Would you happen to know? Also, is that something I can purchase from the factory, and what would it cost?
  I have seen different styles/ kinds of these at some of the stores around here, but want to get the right one, so the power supply/shed is not damaged.

Thank you for any help in this matter;    Dan
tomplatten

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 02:49:34 PM »

The trolley uses a 7.5 volt power supply. If you are like me, I have accumulated many similar power supply adapters over the years. Check the voltage on the adapter to see if it is 7.5 to 9 volts and will plug into the shed! I fit does it will probably work. I upgraded mine from the original power supply to a 9 volt power supply to give the trolley a bit more speed!
Frisco

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 07:06:48 PM »

Just make sure that you get a DC one and not AC as it will damage the trolley.
tomplatten

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 11:38:29 PM »

Read the info on the adapter. It will tell you whether it puts out AC or DC. If the info is missing --don't use unless you can check it with a VOM meter!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: